Bloodborne

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Re: Bloodborne

Post by Jelly »

I'd just thought I'd note that it's possible to sign up for the Bloodborne Alpha. I'm not sure if it's only for EU accounts.

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/user ... Bloodborne
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

TheGreatNads wrote:I want to see footage of the game's combat in use with more enemies on screen. That's something that was talked about in the same link, but none of the footage has featured more than two or three enemies. Actually the combat footage has looked underwhelming when contrasted with all the talk about new features. It really has looked like the same Soul's combat. So I look forward to more footage in the future that better shows off the new features. I imagine footage with more enemies probably would illuminate some of the newer combat elements better.
I'm looking forward to seeing this, too. Based on what we're seeing so far, and considering how far into development it already is, I'm starting to get the sense that it's less of a mob scenario than one of constant pressure. I would be ok with this. Left 4 Dead used this kind of a mechanic to force players to forge ahead, constantly aware that every second wasted was one second closer to a swarm. That kind of pressure mixed with (what they are promising is) a highly vertical and interconnected world, should allow for constant risk/reward scenarios during exploration.

I also want to say that so far, I'm quite thrilled with the combat we have seen, as the basic flow of melees still seems methodical and strategic, just with more of a focus on being aggressive. I don't want a Warriors game in my Souls games, so what I've seen so far remains promising, but I do look forward to seeing more of what the combat system offers.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

A new trailer invades!
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Guess I'm preordering a special edition the second I get home.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Guess I'm preordering a special edition the second I get home.
Do you think you'll be getting a PS4 on or before 6 February? Because having a lovely edition of a From game you can't play will be a real trial.

EDIT: Those little asynchronous gameplay messengers are so damn cute! I can't wait to see what kind of unique online functionality they've cooked up for this one.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote:Do you think you'll be getting a PS4 on or before 6 February? Because having a lovely edition of a From game you can't play will be a real trial.

EDIT: Those little asynchronous gameplay messengers are so damn cute! I can't wait to see what kind of unique online functionality they've cooked up for this one.
Yep, I've officially got a deadline for PS4 ownership. On or before. Priorities.

Did you notice the point in the new trailer where there were two PCs on screen? No white phantom. I wonder if this is normal or if it indicates they're keeping some of the cooler "deception" items from DSII.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Did you notice the point in the new trailer where there were two PCs on screen? No white phantom. I wonder if this is normal or if it indicates they're keeping some of the cooler "deception" items from DSII.
I'm inclined to think that's normal for this game, or at least situational.

The game looks a lot more Soulsy in that trailer, too, which is excellent.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Not to mention, we finally see some of the verticality they've been promising for months. Nice to get a glimpse at some different weapons, too. The scythe/katana-looking thing has me pretty excited. Also: Holy crap does it look nice!

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I think some people missed it when I posted it in the chat the other day, so I'm reposting it here. Some play-testers have discovered a glitch in the Demon's Souls 2 Alpha Test that reveals some upcoming secret information about the game.