Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Hyrule Warriors

Post by Kong Wen »

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a big Koei fan. I've always been into the Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy games, which then translated to getting into the Dynasty Warriors series when the original 2.5D one-on-one fighting game was released in 1997. Now they're partnering with Nintendo to produce a Warriors game in the Legend of Zelda universe. It will be released on 19 September in Europe and 26 September in North America.

In typical Koei & Omega Force fashion, it looks like the game is going to have a few costume options for its characters, depending on your retailer of choice:

Best Buy has Skyward Sword costumes for Link and Zelda.
Amazon has Twilight Princess costumes for Link and Zelda.

GameStop has Ocarina of Time costumes for Link and Zelda.
Club Nintendo will offer Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess costumes for Ganondorf when you register the game.

If history is any indicator, these costumes will all become available to the general public as paid DLC after a certain amount of time elapses.

I pre-ordered a copy of this game during E3. Is anybody else planning to pick it up? Unfortunately, unlike many current- and last-gen Koei/Warriors games, it won't have online co-op, but I highly recommend you try playing with some local couch buddies.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Hyrule Warriors

Post by Kong Wen »

The Europe-only special edition of the game comes with a snazzy Hylian scarf just like the one Link wears in the game.

No word on a North American special edition yet.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors at GameStop (EB Games here), so I should be getting the Ocarina of Time costumes.

Hopefully the costumes from other retail/online stores will be available for purchase (or even at no cost, but I highly doubt the latter).
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:Hopefully the costumes from other retail/online stores will be available for purchase (or even at no cost, but I highly doubt the latter).
They'll be made available as paid DLC for sure. Koei does this with pretty much all their Warriors games.

Here is a list of playable characters that have been announced so far:

First appearing in The Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Impa (in the game manual)

First appearing in Ocarina of Time:
Darunia
Princess Ruto
Sheik

First appearing in Twilight Princess:
Midna
Agitha
Zant

First appearing in Skyward Sword:
Fi
Ghirahim

First appearing in Hyrule Warriors:
Lana
Cia
Wizzro
Valga

There will be various versions of many of these characters based on their appearances in other games.

Are there any other characters you think should be added? I think it would be nice to see A Link to the Past get some representation, possibly in the form of the old sage Sahasrahla and the wizard Agahnim. Nabooru could work as an additional female character from Ocarina of Time. Finally, I think it would be hilarious if ERROR from Zelda II were to make an appearance somewhere in the game...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I pre-ordered the game at Best Buy during E3 so I got 30% off, hopefully the Skyward Sword costumes follow through as well, it's my favourite costume choice. You also get Gannon costumes through Club Nintendo.

I think the game will be fun, I've only played a little bit of DW but I think I'll enjoy the gameplay mixed in with all the fanservice. My only disappointment so far (besides online - I'm not sure if I'd use it anyways) is that the story revolves around the world of Ocarina of Time, Twilight and Skyward, so it seems like we won't be seeing much representation beyond those three games other than weapons and easter eggs. Which is too bad because I think it would have been awesome to see characters from all the games, ERROR would have been great, maybe a Phantom from the DS games, Makar from Wind Waker, Vaati and maybe other characters.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:They'll be made available as paid DLC for sure. Koei does this with pretty much all their Warriors games.
Oh okay. I wasn't too sure about that. Thank you. :)

And as far as the Best Buy E3 deal goes, I maybe should have pre-ordered it there...
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Guess I'll be preordering from Amazon.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

It realeased in Japan and they're already almost ready to send out the first update for the game, which will contain a mysterious new game mode.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235693-hyru ... s-new-mode
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:It realeased in Japan and they're already almost ready to send out the first update for the game, which will contain a mysterious new game mode.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235693-hyru ... s-new-mode
Should be interesting to hear more about that soon! :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Looks like the update fixed a couple bugs and added a challenge mode I believe! They're also hinting at adding more characters.