What phone/tablet do you have?

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

What phone/tablet do you have?

Post by Kong Wen »

This section deserves a hardware thread! What kind of phone and/or tablet do you have? How do you like it?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: What phone/tablet do you have?

Post by VictorViper »

Been happily using a Nokia 1020 for about a year. Bought mainly for the camera, but I've been particularly impressed with the browser and the WP8.1 update has added some much needed extra support. Native HTML5? Eat your heart out, Safari.

All that said, I'm not a total convert. Very interested to see where the iPhone goes next.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I have an LG Optimus G. In comparison from the previous phone that I had, I've been able to actually buy and download games onto it from Google Play. The downside is that it has no SD Card support here, and my computer doesn't work with this phone, when I want to use the latter as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

I have a flipphone and an 3rd gen iPad.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

1st gen iPad I still use for games that can run on it and for mail/internet. Runs on iOS 5.x and sometimes has a little problem with games that are linked to GameCenter and/or Facebook.

iPhone 4S with latest iOS. Works as expected, did a lot of gaming on it that couldn't run on the iPad or was specifically made for small screen. Don't really use it for mail, but got some non game apps on it that I frequently use.

iPad mini that was gifted for subscribing to a course. Runs on the latest iOS, use it a little more personal than my iPad. Next to some GC games that I can run on my iPhone, I also got some 'HD' games that couldn't run on iOS 5.x.

Some games run on both iPads or on iPhone & iPad mini (or on all 3), all with same account. So while I'm charging one iDevice, I can use another one to keep up with games like Ascension, CoC, HayDay, etc.

There's only one major negative on the last 2 iDevices: the auto download of an iOS update while charging with WiFi on ...

Positive is the ease of use together with my MacBook Pro.

And no, I'm not an Apple addict. Just glad to use it and have no reasons to switch to Android devices.
Grt. Merlin

Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

VictorViper wrote:Been happily using a Nokia 1020 for about a year. Bought mainly for the camera, but I've been particularly impressed with the browser and the WP8.1 update has added some much needed extra support. Native HTML5? Eat your heart out, Safari.

All that said, I'm not a total convert. Very interested to see where the iPhone goes next.
Nokia Lumia Icon running WP 8.1 here. I've always enjoyed the WP OS, glad to see someone else does too.

I also have a first generation Surface RT. It's really not a terribly useful device, but I know the Surfaces are getting better, and I'll probably pick up a Pro once I'm out of college and in (presumably) significantly more gainful employment than I am now.

I suppose I should mention that I don't really make use of either of those for gaming. Very few games on mobile interest me (even when I had an android phone, with an app ecosystem that was actually healthy, I made little use of games). Wordament, though, is a nice game on WP that you can't find on other OSes. I play it briefly sometimes.
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Yeah, usually when I mention how happy I am with WP, I add the caveat that for 5 years I got app gaming out of my system. WP functionality out of the box is outstanding in the first place, though, and there's no shortage of useful supplementary apps, if far less than on iOS and Android. The 8.1 update seems to have made good on their first stage toward full integration - Win RT and WP8.1 are now fully compatible, software-wise, and they've (MS) stated for some time that the next phase will be total platform integration across WP, RT and Windows proper. It's an odd shift for me, having been an Apple guy for so many years, but I'm really rooting for Microsoft here, because I think they have a superior product that deserves more attention.

Wordament is an awesome game. They did make it available on iOS though, at the least. My girl grabbed it when I told her of it. Have you checked out the new Wordament spinoff Snap Attack? Pretty neat, too.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

VictorViper wrote:Yeah, usually when I mention how happy I am with WP, I add the caveat that for 5 years I got app gaming out of my system. WP functionality out of the box is outstanding in the first place, though, and there's no shortage of useful supplementary apps, if far less than on iOS and Android. The 8.1 update seems to have made good on their first stage toward full integration - Win RT and WP8.1 are now fully compatible, software-wise, and they've (MS) stated for some time that the next phase will be total platform integration across WP, RT and Windows proper. It's an odd shift for me, having been an Apple guy for so many years, but I'm really rooting for Microsoft here, because I think they have a superior product that deserves more attention.

Wordament is an awesome game. They did make it available on iOS though, at the least. My girl grabbed it when I told her of it. Have you checked out the new Wordament spinoff Snap Attack? Pretty neat, too.
That's pretty much how I feel, Vic. I think WP is the most pleasant to use out of the box, so with more support, it could really be outstanding. Also glad to see they're moving forward with cross-OS integration. I know I noticed that my tabs were syncing between my Surface and my phone, which was a nice feature. Looking forward to more compatibility features as they come.

I didn't know they ported Wordament. I figured there's no way it would happen after MS acquired the app. Good get for iOS, though.

And yeah, I've played Snap Attack. I think I might like it even more than the original, even though I'm not so great at it.
You got BOOST power!
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

I own a IPhone 5. Bought it late 2012, as my very first smartphone and have no regrets. Bought mainly for apps to use on the go, esp for travel purposes, for portability around the house, some app games there and there, and also for work purposes.

Not a tablet owner, as I don't really feel the need for one, as of yet.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

I've had the Nokia Lumia 920 for almost two years. I've thoroughly enjoyed the Windows Phone platform during that time. For the last couple of weeks, I've inherited my girls old iPhone 4 to get a feel for iOS.
I must admit that I like every aspect of the OS except for web browsing, where the larger screen and browser of the Lumia makes web browsing almost as pleasant as on a computer (except for easy tab multitasking access, and quick typing). Perhaps Safari is a better experience on a 5S, I havn't tried.

I still havn't played any mobile game that feels worthwhile in the long run. I would be thankful for good recommendations.