What phone/tablet do you have?

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Re: What phone/tablet do you have?

Post by Jelly »

After visiting this thread, I decided to buy my first game app on iOS. I went for Threes! after hearing someone talking about it. It's a really cute matching puzzle game. The music is awesomely catchy and adds to the relaxing experience. It features numbers instead of candies, so it feels like you're making serious business maths, even though you are not.

It's cute and amusing and I feel that I will get my $1.99 worth of entertainment out of it. I think $1.99 is a fair sum to pay up front for a game if that means you won't have to deal with bullshit in-app purchases or social media begging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdeQaBuN1aw
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

2048 is superior. Threes inferior.

Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

iPhone 4. It was free and it functions.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

iPhone 5s. I didn't want to pay out the nose for a monthly data plan, but it turns out I could get added to my roommate's phone plan for $20 a month.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

My wife is using our next upgrade to go from the 4s to the 6 in September. Looks like I will be stuck with the 4 for some time... I will start to call it a classic.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

After using an Iphone for a month, I'm now back on my Windows Phone, the Lumia 920. I just downloaded the new 8.1 Windows Phone update, and it adds a crapload of new useful features!

One that I found very questionable was a feature called Wi-Fi Sense, it automaticly connects your phone to open Wi-Fi connections to avoid 3G/LTE data usage! That sounds like a horrible idea from a security standpoint! It does however let you share your Wi-Fi passwords to (Windows Phone-owning) Facebook/e-mail contacts without letting the receiver see the actual password in plaintext. That sounds useful.

Anyway, it's nice to be back. Everything is snappier and web browsing is much better than on the Iphone 4. The Iphone 4 will from now on be downgraded to a music player, to something like the Ipod touch.

(edit, I checked the Wi-Fi Sense feature now, and it seems to only suggest corporate free Wi-Fi, like MacDonalds or coffeehouses).
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've got an iPhone 4S from 2.5 years ago (contract ending soon). It was good while it lasted, but I've been ready for an upgrade for a while. I'm not sure what I'll switch to when the time comes. The iPhone 6 Plus looks intriguing, but I'll want to take the OS for a spin first.

Mind you, I don't really use this for gaming. It's purely for phone and pictures.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

The camera (in the plus model especially) was the big announcement that got me to pay attention. I'll be keeping an eye on these at launch to get a better idea of just how big the phones are, but nothing really got me too eager to abandon my current device.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:The camera (in the plus model especially) was the big announcement that got me to pay attention. I'll be keeping an eye on these at launch to get a better idea of just how big the phones are, but nothing really got me too eager to abandon my current device.
The Plus is pretty big. Ars Technica has a PDF of to-scale phone model outlines for you to print and test out your pockets on. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I love how for the longest time there was this craze to get phones as small as possible. Now people want HUGE screens. Pretty soon, we will be right back to the briefcase cell phone again.