GDC postponed due to "Coronavirus"

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

GDC postponed due to "Coronavirus"

Post by SkyPikachu »

Official Statement Link
After close consultation with our partners in the game development industry and community around the world, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the Game Developers Conference this March.

Having spent the past year preparing for the show with our advisory boards, speakers, exhibitors, and event partners, we're genuinely upset and disappointed not to be able to host you at this time .

We want to thank all our customers and partners for their support, open discussions and encouragement. As everyone has been reminding us, great things happen when the community comes together and connects at GDC. For this reason, we fully intend to host a GDC event later in the summer. We will be working with our partners to finalize the details and will share more information about our plans in the coming weeks.
Pretty big news. Probably for the best. I just hope things are better and not worse by the summer.

Really hope this doesn't affect E3.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: GDC postponed due to "Coronavirus"

Post by Kong Wen »

This is such an innocent post in hindsight. A relic of a bygone age.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 27 Apr 2021 13:53 This is such an innocent post in hindsight. A relic of a bygone age.
I had a dumb sense of hope that the world would be able to manage what Australia and New Zealand have worldwide or at least in UK/Europe and North America.

Really shows how greedy the world was that they weren't willing to shut down for a few months and now the whole world is suffering and will likely continue to suffer into 2022 and 2023.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

Kong Wen wrote: 27 Apr 2021 13:53 This is such an innocent post in hindsight. A relic of a bygone age.
I'm going to keep my eye on this thread, in a year or two we might have come full circle. Then our reaction today might seem just as distant as SkyPikachus worries about cancelled gaming conferences does now.