"new" Nintendo 3DS announced

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: "new" Nintendo 3DS announced

Post by VictorViper »

Pluvius wrote:Haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but if you're getting one of these, you'd better have a charger. It doesn't come with one.

Rob
No charger and still not possible to have an account on two 3DS's. So basically the old 3ds is good for what? The charger. Way to reward folks who upgrade. Oh and you need an uncommonly sized screwdriver to swap SD cards. This is why I don't participate in Nintendo-related threads. Way too easy to be a wet blanket.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

PoisonRamune wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:For me, 100+ hour RPGs aren't the best "on-the-go" games anyway. If I'm playing on the road, I like to be able to save and shut down my game at any time. An HD version on Wii U would have been a much better fit. Give me puzzlers!

Here's a question: I didn't glean from the Direct whether Majora's Mask is New-only. Also not sure whether the new Fire Emblem is New-only or just has New-only features. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
I've stopped saving regularly in my games and just close the clam shell to leave my games in suspend. It seems to work very well for all the games I play even RPGs (I'd do most of my MH3U quests over the course of 3 sittings). Just sayin'
That's one reason it works better for me, I can play for 2 minutes, close my 3DS and come back later. I like console games, but it's more of a commitment. I wouldn't pop this game in if I thought I only had 10 minutes to play.

As for the charger, I napped an extra one off eBay for $5 a while ago. It seems like I will have to pick up a new micro SD card though, along with a tiny screwdriver to get to the SD card.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Ended up preordering the red xl and Majora's Mask. Will probably grab MH4U too and am now interested in Code Name Steam since you can use your Fire Emblem Amiibo's in it
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:Ended up preordering the red xl and Majora's Mask. Will probably grab MH4U too and am now interested in Code Name Steam since you can use your Fire Emblem Amiibo's in it
Awesome, hopefully enough people get MH4U here that we can schedule some hunts together!
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Well, I pre-ordered the New Nintendo 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition. Was going to go for the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL Limited Edition, but that sold out in a mere hours.

Honestly, either NIntendo is underestimating demand with their products nowadays, or they do not want to make a profit? If its the latter, why not make the New 3DS XL cheaper. :lol:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

slangman wrote:Well, I pre-ordered the New Nintendo 3DS XL Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Edition. Was going to go for the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL Limited Edition, but that sold out in a mere hours.

Honestly, either NIntendo is underestimating demand with their products nowadays, or they do not want to make a profit? If its the latter, why not make the New 3DS XL cheaper. :lol:
I have no idea of how manufacturing works, but I feel like they're making too mnany limited edition products all at once and can't keep up with themselves :p
Froguin
[filthy casual]

Post by Froguin »

I'm still rather irked that the smaller "new" Nintendo 3DS isn't planned for the US right now.
I've been trying to ditch this XL for some time now.
I'm here for your gold stars, Kirby.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Froguin wrote:I'm still rather irked that the smaller "new" Nintendo 3DS isn't planned for the US right now.
I've been trying to ditch this XL for some time now.
I've always gone for the standard but unfortunately its not possible this time. I also always got blue but that wasn't an option either.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

Post by Jelly »

The main reason why I find the New 3DS interesting is the miniature second analogue stick, it lets you control the camera in the upcoming Majora's Mask, that sounds like a major improvement in how the game is controlled. Not enough to make me consider an update from the 2DS though..
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jelly wrote:The main reason why I find the New 3DS interesting is the miniature second analogue stick, it lets you control the camera in the upcoming Majora's Mask, that sounds like a major improvement in how the game is controlled. Not enough to make me consider an update from the 2DS though..
The game is compatable with the circle pad pro, but the C-stick is nice. I tried it out the other day and it worked better than I thought.