"new" Nintendo 3DS announced

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Re: "new" Nintendo 3DS announced

Post by squishy »

Grabbed my red New 3DS XL this morning. Been transferring files wirelessly so its taking forever but my initial impressions of the system are positive. This is what the system should have been when it first came out
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:Grabbed my red New 3DS XL this morning. Been transferring files wirelessly so its taking forever but my initial impressions of the system are positive. This is what the system should have been when it first came out
Totally, The way the buttons feel, the speed, the proper 3D, would have been a much more impressive machine if it came out like this.

Got my MH4U new 3DS XL, but I haven't got my new microSD card yet so I just transferred the licenses and I'll have to redownload all my games. But, only MH4U fits on my 4GB card so that's all I've got for now :p
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will be released as a nN3DS title (and for Wii U). This will not persuade me to get the system. They'll have to create an awesome Mario/Zelda/Metroid title to get me on the new system ...
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will be released as a nN3DS title (and for Wii U). This will not persuade me to get the system. They'll have to create an awesome Mario/Zelda/Metroid title to get me on the new system ...
I hope they don't make a new 3ds exclusive Mario/Zelda or Metroid, it would be a waste of development time if you ask me. I'd be okay if Xenoblade was the only big exclusive and the rest of the games are just new 3DS enhanced.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I don't expect them to do so just yet .. but eventually, there will have to be more nN3DS exclusive titles to boost the system sales. But I don't need the system to play the games I like, so I won't get the system. If there's no new portable system announced in the next few years, I might still end up buying one.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:I don't expect them to do so just yet .. but eventually, there will have to be more nN3DS exclusive titles to boost the system sales. But I don't need the system to play the games I like, so I won't get the system. If there's no new portable system announced in the next few years, I might still end up buying one.
I see the 3DS having a max of two years left, so I don't really see there being enough time to justify building up the New 3DS instal base, that's just how I see it. I could see them putting a Mario spin off on the New 3DS, but then you'd have to wonder what the reason would be for making it exclusive :p But yes, there will be more exclusives for sure, but if I was Nintendo I wouldn't risk pissing off 50 million normal 3DS owners by releasing a new Metroid or Pokemon game on the New 3DS :p
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I could see the Hyrule Warriors port being exclusive since it will probably need the extra juice under the hood of the new 3ds to run smoothly
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:I could see the Hyrule Warriors port being exclusive since it will probably need the extra juice under the hood of the new 3ds to run smoothly
I thought it might, but it was shown with a regular 3DS boxart. Would be neat if they made it work so that the new 3DS version had more enemies on screen.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I'm not really a fan of the whole concept of the New Nintendo 3DS. I hope it's like the DSi where it does have some unique games of its own, but hardly any. I hope that Nintendo is not planning to pass it off as their next gen portable. That will be very disappointing to me.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The normal-sized (i.e. non-XL) New 3DS is finally coming to North America on 25 September as part of an Animal Crossing: Interior Decorating bundle.

If anyone wanted the normal version, this probably won't be your only option—my guess is they'll also introduce a stand-alone version at a slightly cheaper price point. Even if they don't, you could just order some faceplates to convert it from Animal Crossing mode into something more palatable.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming