2020 Live Stream times + E3 2020 and its future.

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: 2020 Live Stream times + E3 2020 and its future.

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 09 Jun 2020 07:19 PLEASE STOP CANCELLING AND MOVING EVENT TIMES :cry:
That's the summer anthem of 2020 right there.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I watched the PS5 event and I was really impressed with what I saw.

A new spider-man game is cool

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart looks amazing

Stray interests me but probably will be a game I just never play

Sackboy A Big Adventure is strange. Surprised they separated him from the LittleBigPlanet title. 3D world is cool though.

Kena Bridge of Spirits is one of my most excited for titles the whole concept really interests me and the colors and design is just <3

Ghostwire Toyko interests me still

Astro's Playroom looks fun I'm keen on playing it at the right price

Little Devil Inside also looks interesting but might want to see more info about it

Bugsnax looks adorable but not 100% sure what type of game it is

Horizon II Forbidden West I still need to play the original but what I've played of it I've liked.

The overall design of the PS5 seems silly to me (as does the XSX) a digital version is really interesting and might be something I'd consider too.

After watching it originally I was really hyped but now the hypes died down a bit. However after hearing news about the Xbox Series X having the same UI as the Xbox One I'm really leaning towards a PS5 for now but we'll have to see what Microsoft has to show next month.

Also a handful of these titles are coming to Xbox and or PS4 anyway.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Fantastic showing by Sony, even if I was blown away personally. More interested in the indies and third parties than Sony's own stuff, but they had an impressive amount to show. I thought Ratchet and Clank on PS4 was super mediocre so we'll see about the new one. I also didn't get into spiderman.

Horizon Zero Dawn was great, will play the sequel. Astro's playroom comes with every ps5 I'm pretty sure. Sackboy could be fun but it's made by the same people who did LBP3 which I thought was a stinker.

Bugsnax, Kena, Little Devil Inside, Deathloop, were the real highlights.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The PS5 presentation was overall excellent as others have said. I liked everything I saw, from the lovely controller and gorgeous console/hardware itself, to the selection of games they showed (except RE8, which simply isn't for me). All things being equal, the fact that this is backwards compatible with PSVR and has a new PSVR in development for next year or so easily tips the scales this year, so I'll be pre-ordering as soon as it becomes available.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I thought about whether I should get a PS5 sooner rather than later, but I remembered that I haven't used my PS4 since January 2019. I'm sure I can wait on the PS5 in that case, especially the games I'm interested in will be 2021 games. :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I’m getting PS5 on day one I think. I hope AssCreed Valhalla is a launch title because that would be a great first game to get and to play.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Here's an update on events with links for past events.

Past Events
Sony
PS5: The Future of Gaming

EA
EA Play

JULY 11th
Devolver Digital
Devolver Digital Direct Showcase
  • PT (West Coast USA) - Saturday July 11th (Noon)
  • ET (East Coast USA) - Saturday July 11th 3pm
  • BST - (London/UK) Saturday July 11th 8pm
  • AEST (East Coast Australia) - Sunday July 12th 5am
JULY 12th
Ubisoft Forward
  • PT (West Coast USA) - Sunday July 12th 12pm (Noon)
  • ET (East Coast USA) - Sunday July 12th 3pm
  • BST - (London/UK) Sunday July 12th 8pm
  • AEST (East Coast Australia) - Monday July 13th 5am
JULY 21st-27th
Summer Games Fest Demo Event
"The event will try to make it feel like E3/PAX/Gamescom at home and feature more than 60 demos for brand new games that will be downloadable on your Xbox One for an entire week."

JULY 23rd
Xbox/Microsoft
Xbox Series X First Party Games Showcase
July 23rd
(July 24th AEST)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

SkyPikachu wrote: 02 Jul 2020 04:19JULY 21st-27th
Summer Games Fest Demo Event
"The event will try to make it feel like E3/PAX/Gamescom at home and feature more than 60 demos for brand new games that will be downloadable on your Xbox One for an entire week."
This right here has me so hyped. If this works well it could be the start of a huge change in the industry with allowing anyone to access small demos from the comfort of our home. This way we are not forced to watch other people play the game.

The player having a hands on experience with the game is the best way to interact with the player-base and should be something encouraged. To often are we fed bullshit PR stuff to hype up a game that's terrible. This makes game developers accountable for their games even before launch. If the games shit nobody will buy it so it will encourage the game industry to warp into making sure games are fun and aren't just glitchy shovelware garbage.

This could avoid stuff like No Man Sky and other big flops.

It's like the sonic movie we got shown a trailer and people said sonic looked awful so they fixed it. Sadly trailers can't show if a game is awful or not but gameplay can. If early gameplay of no man sky was bad then they could have fixed the game before launch. Fallout 76 seems like another good example.

I really really hope this becomes the norm. Since it's awesome being able to play a bunch of games without going to a conference and lining up for hours.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 02 Jul 2020 04:27 This right here has me so hyped. If this works well it could be the start of a huge change in the industry with allowing anyone to access small demos from the comfort of our home. This way we are not forced to watch other people play the game.

The player having a hands on experience with the game is the best way to interact with the player-base and should be something encouraged. To often are we fed bullshit PR stuff to hype up a game that's terrible. This makes game developers accountable for their games even before launch. If the games shit nobody will buy it so it will encourage the game industry to warp into making sure games are fun and aren't just glitchy shovelware garbage.

This could avoid stuff like No Man Sky and other big flops.

It's like the sonic movie we got shown a trailer and people said sonic looked awful so they fixed it. Sadly trailers can't show if a game is awful or not but gameplay can. If early gameplay of no man sky was bad then they could have fixed the game before launch. Fallout 76 seems like another good example.
The only thing that doesn't really follow there is that not every game has to have a playable demo, whether it's at a live event or an at-home demo event. Just because we delete conferences and release a bunch of demos at home doesn't mean every big-budget game has to suddenly start making demos—that would be another whole piece entirely that could also happen or not happen in the old conference paradigm as well.

(No Man's Sky is a successful game with respectable sales figures. It's also a very good game. The stuff that they've added in the 10+ free major updates over the past 3-4 years couldn't exactly have been patched in pre-release as a response to negative reception of a simple demo.)

The problems people had with NMS are a completely different beast, making it a particularly bad example of the ability of demos to provide early warning for gameplay design problems.

What we're going to get is all the demos (well, most of them... many of them) that originally would have been prepared for demonstration on the show floor, as downloadable demos. I don't see why gameplay demos are seen as such a revolutionary thing, since they've been around for decades on PC.

Anyway, I suppose that's a tangent. I think the summer games demo event is a good thing, not so much because I'm excited about playing a bunch of demos, but because I'm glad a corner of the industry is continuing to adapt to changing social circumstances. Speaking of adapting to circumstances, that Ubisoft event is going to be rough.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

It's atleast a good step in the right direction. Even the fact they're not locking the early demos behind expensive American only events at e3.