Xbox Series X

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Xbox Series X

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Generation 9 Xbox console has a huge amount of details revealed yesterday and Sony revealed some stuff today on the PS5.

It looks like Microsoft is going to be the leader in Backwards Compatibility (in consoles) with every game that can be played on the Xbox One can be played on the Xbox Series X. Not only that but we will be able to continue where we left off. (Basically cross-save). Ontop of that they announced that Xbox One accessories will be compatible with the Xbox Series X.

All of this is huge and really makes Sony look stupid with their "Top 100 PS4 games will be playable at launch" comment.

It looks like Microsoft is trying to make the transition seamless which I think is long overdue for every company.

This means so many things.

1. I instantly have a second controller for my Xbox Series X since I have an Xbox One controller already.
2. I can sell my Xbox One since the Xbox Series X does everything the Xbox One does better. This clears room up for other consoles on just less mess by my TV.
3. I can continue playing games I've started without any hassle of having to start over.

Microsoft seem to have learnt from their mistakes and are trying to become better where as Sony seems like they're stuck in a rut. Trying to cruise through the success of the PS4.

I really do hope both consoles are good and they both sell well but for now I am much more excited about the Xbox Series X.

I did buy the Switch on launch and very much regretted it so I'm not going to be touching either console (Xbox Series X or PS5) until at least 2022 if not 2023.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Xbox Series X

Post by The Shoemaker »

A great thing as well is that all backwards compatible games will actually have boosted resolution/performance without any updates. If you bought an xbox game from microsoft you'll automatically have access to the series X version of it as well.

Also 4 games can be suspended at once, which is a huge change for how people will play games.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons