The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Post by Kong Wen »

The Pinball Arcade is a pinball compilation consisting of excellent emulations of several real-life pinball machines. It is currently available on Android, iOS, Mac, Steam, PS3, PS4, and Vita. It was previously available on XBLA, but was pulled from the marketplace due to legal troubles (although there is talk of it being re-released soon).

In this thread, I will compile cross-platform leaderboards for the various Pinball Arcade tables. The charts/leaderboards are available as a read-only Google spreadsheet:

The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts [Google Drive link]

Page 1 is the overall medal standings for the forum participants.
Page 2 is a table index showing all available tables with top scores.
Subsequent pages are each individual table's high scores.

Post your high scores! It doesn't matter how high or low they are. There are players of all experience and skill levels on the charts already. Make sure to make new posts instead of editing old ones, to ensure I see your updated scores, and don't forget to specify which table your score is for.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Post by Claytone »

I've been very lazy about this. Sizable update incoming (I'm not sure if any of these will result in placement shifts, and I may even just debut myself in last place a bunch, but they're nevertheless new scores).

Medieval Madness - 84,647,240 (this one isn't actually new, but it's typo'd off by 2 million in the Doc and probably my original post, so I'm reposting it)
Haunted House - 206,040
Bride of Pin-Bot - 15,995,410
T2: Judgment Day - 13,043,000
Tee'd Off - 169,344,410
Scared Stiff - 11,535,600

That's it for Steam. I also own some tables only on PSN, so I'll get around to posting those eventually too.

Tangentially, I now have frequent access to a High Speed table (at time of writing, it's in a state of critical disrepair, but that will hopefully be fleeting), which is cool. Obviously not kosher to post my scores from there, but still awesome to be able to play a physical table with reasonable regularity (and for free no less).
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'll argue that a photo of your high speed score is just as valid as one made in game (table releases soon, actually). My high scores in TPA are way, way above anything I've managed IRL, with rare exceptions.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

VictorViper wrote:I'll argue that a photo of your high speed score is just as valid as one made in game (table releases soon, actually). My high scores in TPA are way, way above anything I've managed IRL, with rare exceptions.
That makes sense. A computationally generated pinball environment is going to be better on average than a real table at any of many varying levels of maintenance, and more predictable too. Still, I would imagine any proficiency with the real table would translate well to its digital incarnation. I'll be interested to see how competitive my physical High Speed scores will be relative to the PBA aces around here!
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

That's one of the real selling points of TPA for me. You're right that there's an element of impossibility in their virtual representations. That said, I'm consistently impressed with their ability to recreate the basic flow and behaviors of the tables, to a point where at least the basic tactics and tricks used to tame the ball and direct the flow of the game is largely the same between the original table and its simulated counterpart.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Outstanding updates from the old thread:

Vic

Genie: 790,830

Undead

Star Trek TNG - 18,147,952,180
Black Rose - 268,703,820
Black Knight 2000 - 7,349,380
Fish Tales - 606,880,260
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just had a pretty good run at Black Hole tonight: 1,068,930. It's not enough to match my previous high score (less than half, actually), but it's the first time I've played in a long time, and the first time I've played this table in a long time, so I'm happy. I was glad to see they patched a couple bugs on the PS4 version (fixing a glitch preventing you from being able to nudge being an important example).

Frustratingly, I had both G-Force lit, and the multiplier at x3 or x4, and I activated 3-ball multiball, but I just couldn't rack up enough of a bottom-field score for the bonus required by the standard goal. I cleared the standard and wizard goals on Vita, though, so I know I can do it... will just have to keep at it.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote:I just had a pretty good run at Black Hole tonight: 1,068,930. It's not enough to match my previous high score (less than half, actually), but it's the first time I've played in a long time, and the first time I've played this table in a long time, so I'm happy. I was glad to see they patched a couple bugs on the PS4 version (fixing a glitch preventing you from being able to nudge being an important example).

Frustratingly, I had both G-Force lit, and the multiplier at x3 or x4, and I activated 3-ball multiball, but I just couldn't rack up enough of a bottom-field score for the bonus required by the standard goal. I cleared the standard and wizard goals on Vita, though, so I know I can do it... will just have to keep at it.
Update! I just cleared the standard goals, and, frustratingly enough, I also cleared all 5 of the wizard goals on the same run but they didn't count because I had just finished the standard ones and it doesn't level you up until between games. Oh well, I'll have to do it again next time!!!

My score on this run was 1,810,000 or thereabouts. Still not close to my high score, but respectable!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: Update! I just cleared the standard goals, and, frustratingly enough, I also cleared all 5 of the wizard goals on the same run but they didn't count because I had just finished the standard ones and it doesn't level you up until between games. Oh well, I'll have to do it again next time!!!

My score on this run was 1,810,000 or thereabouts. Still not close to my high score, but respectable!
Same thing happened to me on Bride. I just cleared the Standard Goals, and checked the Wizard Goals, only to realize I'd done maybe 3 or 4 of them while still finishing up the Standard set. Oh well!

Also, new Bride high score: 22,914,580. I had no idea this table was so great. I now plan on putting a lot more time into it.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've updated the charts to add your score. Unfortunately I'm going to have to go through the spreadsheet and update everyone's usernames in the cell formulae to make the scores auto-compile etc. and I'm not going to have time to do that tonight. Maybe I'll do it at work this week. :twisted: