The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: The Pinball Arcade High Scores Charts

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

New highscore for White Water: 106,246,550
Grt. Merlin

theundead_feature

Post by theundead_feature »

Is this still being updated? I found my way back after all this time because Farsight launched "Stern Pinball Arcade". I won a free PSN code from pnballarcadefans.com. Tried out AC/DC and people must still be figuring that sucker out caused I'm ranked in the low thirties for highest score!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

theundead_feature wrote:Is this still being updated? I found my way back after all this time because Farsight launched "Stern Pinball Arcade". I won a free PSN code from pnballarcadefans.com. Tried out AC/DC and people must still be figuring that sucker out caused I'm ranked in the low thirties for highest score!
Undead! Welcome back! It hasn't been updated in a while, and I'm buried under a pile of work at work at the moment—I doubt I'd be able to get back to it until Christmas break, but that said, the spirit is still more than willing. :) I love these charts.

If someone else wants to take the spreadsheet over, I'm happy to share editorial privileges. Otherwise, I'll chip away at it whenever I can, so feel free to post your scores here!

How is Stern Pinball Arcade, anyway? I saw it pop up on PS4 and was reminded of this as well.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
theundead_feature

Post by theundead_feature »

There's a laundry list of issues that come with launching a new app like this. I think Farsight may have gotten ahead of themselves. Gradually we've been getting less for more from them. Remember back in the day you'd get a DMD bundled with an EM for 5 bucks? Now you'll just get one table for 5 (7 if it's a kickstarter). On top of that, because Stern has such premium licensed tables in its catalog (Batman, Metallica, Ghostbusters, ect.) the brand new Stern tables are 9.99! So for now that is Star Trek Premium Vengeance edition, AC/DC, and Mustange Boss Edition.

More importantly, how do the new tables fare? The most blatant issue is how poorly lit the new tables are. The ball is dull and unreflective, so much so that it could be easy to miss where the hell it is when you've got a good combo going/ multiball. I can recommend the tables themselves based on their real world counterparts. Star Trek is one of my favorites Stern has done, and I'd pay a pretty penny for Metallica and CSI and a handful of Stern's more wayward designs. They've acknowledged the issues the system has but very rarely do I find them going back before going forward. So I'm sure they'll finish up whatever tables are in the pipe now before patching the PS4 version.

Final word, Kong, I'd wait until a steam release if you can. Just for the possibility of more display options.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Not a high score post, but a heads up that a Stern-specific version of the app has released, with the goal to bring all of the latest tables over to TPA.

Ghostbusters, AC/DC, Star Trek and Mustang are all hot new tables and already available digitally. Nice to see Stern jump on board like this and allow their new games to be replicated. It's gotta be a win-win for both companies.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Didnt realize this was here! I play this game all the time. I will have to look up my high scores and post them.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote: 28 Oct 2017 21:41 Not a high score post, but a heads up that a Stern-specific version of the app has released, with the goal to bring all of the latest tables over to TPA.

Ghostbusters, AC/DC, Star Trek and Mustang are all hot new tables and already available digitally. Nice to see Stern jump on board like this and allow their new games to be replicated. It's gotta be a win-win for both companies.
I'll have to give that a look. The original Pinball Arcade was a great feat, but I kind of got turned off with how they handled their ongoing support, especially when they delved into charging extra for premium versions of the tables, some tables not being released on some platforms, etc.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Oct 2017 00:44
VictorViper wrote: 28 Oct 2017 21:41 Not a high score post, but a heads up that a Stern-specific version of the app has released, with the goal to bring all of the latest tables over to TPA.

I'll have to give that a look. The original Pinball Arcade was a great feat, but I kind of got turned off with how they handled their ongoing support, especially when they delved into charging extra for premium versions of the tables, some tables not being released on some platforms, etc.
Be aware the new tables are exactly that. $13.50 a pop. Not as hard a pill to swallow though when an afternoon session at the pub will cost as much. They're also the deluxe variants, which, for Stern, means actual significant playfield changes.

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote: 29 Oct 2017 02:40 Be aware the new tables are exactly that. $13.50 a pop. Not as hard a pill to swallow though when an afternoon session at the pub will cost as much. They're also the deluxe variants, which, for Stern, means actual significant playfield changes.
I honestly don't mind $13.50 a pop for deluxe, complete editions of each table. I just don't like being nickel-and-dimed for various table features.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kong Wen wrote: 29 Oct 2017 02:51
VictorViper wrote: 29 Oct 2017 02:40 Be aware the new tables are exactly that. $13.50 a pop. Not as hard a pill to swallow though when an afternoon session at the pub will cost as much. They're also the deluxe variants, which, for Stern, means actual significant playfield changes.
I honestly don't mind $13.50 a pop for deluxe, complete editions of each table. I just don't like being nickel-and-dimed for various table features.
I hear ya, man. I haven't bought a table from (original) TPA since Twilight Zone.