Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct

Post by Claytone »

Didn't see a thread about it. Bayonetta Nintendo Direct on Sept. 4 at 3PM Pacific Time.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-04-2014/

Pretty exciting. I know lots of folks are looking forward to this game. We can talk about expectations for the Direct, and then I suppose discuss what it reveals after/as it airs.

I'm excited about the game, but I only played a few hours of the first one, so I'd need to revisit it to be able to comment on improvements and other things I hope feature in B2. Any Bayo vets wish to comment?
Last edited by Claytone on 03 Sep 2014 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
You got BOOST power!
slangman
Beginner

Re: Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct

Post by slangman »

That's 11PM GMT for us in the UK. Will still be watching though, as I am strongly considering picking up the Bayonetta 1+2 bundle at launch. Played a demo of Bayonetta 2 at an event a while back, and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Also thought the gameplay looked really smooth, even when there was lots going.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Nothing against the game, but I'm a bit tired of these game specific directs, we haven't had a regular one since February!

I'm still undecided about the game, but I think I will pick it up since it comes with both games and I've never played the first. The direct should be good.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The first Bayonetta is awful. I didn't find anything to like about it, between the horrible protagonist, horrible combo-combat system, and the laid-on-thick cornball writing. If the sequel is anything like that, I'll definitely avoid it.

Bear in mind, this is coming from someone who doesn't normally like fast & incomprehensible combo-style Devil May Cry games, so if you have a high tolerance for cornball bullshit and enjoy that kind of game, then you'll probably get your money's worth out of this game.

I never did complete Bayonetta, so there's a chance I'll give it another shot when this two-pack gets down to a reasonable $19.99 price point.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:The first Bayonetta is awful. I didn't find anything to like about it, between the horrible protagonist, horrible combo-combat system, and the laid-on-thick cornball writing. If the sequel is anything like that, I'll definitely avoid it.

Bear in mind, this is coming from someone who doesn't normally like fast & incomprehensible combo-style Devil May Cry games, so if you have a high tolerance for cornball bullshit and enjoy that kind of game, then you'll probably get your money's worth out of this game.

I never did complete Bayonetta, so there's a chance I'll give it another shot when this two-pack gets down to a reasonable $19.99 price point.
I don't have much experience in the "fast & incomprehensible combo-style" genre but I'm willing to give it a shot :p I might wait for the price to go down a bit as well though. Already have Hyrule Warriors to play in September - which already looks fast & incomprehensible ;)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:I don't have much experience in the "fast & incomprehensible combo-style" genre but I'm willing to give it a shot :p I might wait for the price to go down a bit as well though. Already have Hyrule Warriors to play in September - which already looks fast & incomprehensible ;)
Warriors is more of a straight-up hack & slash than a combo-based action game. It has limited combos, mostly based on when you press the strong/charge attack button during your attack chain. Although more recent games in the series have started getting a little more comboish, I can assure you Hyrule Warriors will still be quite slow. :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Direct basically showed me more of what I've already seen - which is what I don't like about game specific Directs. Online mode is neat, story and game structure looks just as hectic as The Wonderful 101, which was fun.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

It looks like Bayonetta 2 is bombing in Japan, despite good critical reception. Which is about par for the course, I guess, considering Nintendo funded the game with the express purpose of tying Wii U around its ankles. Hopefully the sales pick up during the Western launches.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:It looks like Bayonetta 2 is bombing in Japan, despite good critical reception. Which is about par for the course, I guess, considering Nintendo funded the game with the express purpose of tying Wii U around its ankles. Hopefully the sales pick up during the Western launches.
Pretty ambysmal sales when you compare it to when the first game came out in Japan too, and at the time PS3 only had a couple more million units out than Wii U, even the 360 version sold better.

I think in the end we all knew it would bomb on the Wii U, regardless of how good the game was.

But at the same time they did sell 62% of their shipment, so it doesn't sound like they were expected big numbers in the first place.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The demo version of Bayonetta 2 is available in the Nintendo eShop worldwide; 15 plays. Game launches October 24th.