Will you buy Super Sm4sh Bros?

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.

Which version of Sm4sh will you buy?

3DS + Wii U
60%
Wii U
13%
3DS
7%
Unsure
13%
No
7%

Total votes: 15

pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: Will you buy Super Sm4sh Bros?

Post by pdSlooper »

We'll be buying a Wii U for it.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:I already bought it on Wii U for only $39.99. Just waiting for release date to ship now. :) I'm not going near the 3DS version. That machine is nowhere near powerful enough to run an interesting version of that kind of game.
??? I don't really see what you're basing that on. It runs it at 60 fps with pretty good texture and model quality, and the local multiplayer (at least on the demo) has been fine.

Having said that, I'll surely stop playing the 3DS version nearly altogether when the Wii U version comes out, but I just wonder what it is you demand in quality that the 3DS doesn't deliver. My only gripe is that it doesn't have a stick for the right thumb, but that has nothing to do with the 3DS's "power" per se.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:??? I don't really see what you're basing that on. It runs it at 60 fps with pretty good texture and model quality, and the local multiplayer (at least on the demo) has been fine.

Having said that, I'll surely stop playing the 3DS version nearly altogether when the Wii U version comes out, but I just wonder what it is you demand in quality that the 3DS doesn't deliver. My only gripe is that it doesn't have a stick for the right thumb, but that has nothing to do with the 3DS's "power" per se.
All I know is every single picture and video I've seen of the 3DS version of the game looks awful. Maybe it's not the power, maybe it's the design! Or maybe your idea of "pretty good" is a lot more lenient than mine. Which reminds me, all this "local multiplayer has been fine" is pretty scary. Passable local multiplayer doesn't bode well for online multiplayer! SSBB on Wii was decent enough, I just can't imagine playing a shrunken, pared-down, "fine"ified version of it, even just to hold me over for the real version.

But dude, the Wii U version looks great! Maybe that's part of the reason for my distaste for the chunky Game Boy version. Relativity!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
Claytone wrote:??? I don't really see what you're basing that on. It runs it at 60 fps with pretty good texture and model quality, and the local multiplayer (at least on the demo) has been fine.

All I know is every single picture and video I've seen of the 3DS version of the game looks awful. Maybe it's not the power, maybe it's the design! Or maybe your idea of "pretty good" is a lot more lenient than mine. Which reminds me, all this "local multiplayer has been fine" is pretty scary. Passable local multiplayer doesn't bode well for online multiplayer! SSBB on Wii was decent enough, I just can't imagine playing a shrunken, pared-down, "fine"ified version of it, even just to hold me over for the real version.

But dude, the Wii U version looks great! Maybe that's part of the reason for my distaste for the chunky Game Boy version. Relativity!
Have you played the demo for the game yet? I always find 3DS games look like ass in screenshots and lovely when you actually play them. The multiplayer plays exactly how you would expect, the quality of it wasn't lowered to be playable on a 3DS. Only thing is the screen is smaller and graphics aren't as pretty as a TV. But hey, if you can wait for the Wii U version then all the power to you! :P
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:

Well, I don't think I'm gonna convince you that something you don't think looks good does. I'll leave that alone.

And when I said "fine" wrt multiplayer, I meant that inasmuch as you can only play on one level in the demo! It was lagless and smooth. Nothing to complain about.

No idea what online is like, though. We shall see.

And yes, the Wii U version is absolutely the definitive edition! Glad to hear you're pleased with what you've seen, and I'm looking forward to playing (read: beating) all of you in the coming months when it is released. :D
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote: And yes, the Wii U version is absolutely the definitive edition! Glad to hear you're pleased with what you've seen, and I'm looking forward to playing (read: succumbing to your undeniable skill) all of you in the coming months when it is released. :D
I look forward to that as well! :D
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Oh man, the throw-downs have officially begun. Looks like I'm going to have to get a Yogurt Cup thread started here soon. :) Is it OK if we wait until the Wii U version comes out before we host an official site tournament?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Oh man, the throw-downs have officially begun. Looks like I'm going to have to get a Yogurt Cup thread started here soon. :) Is it OK if we wait until the Wii U version comes out before we host an official site tournament?
Will it still be called the Yogurt Cup or will it now be the Wen Cup? :) I think waiting for the Wii U version is fine, gives us 3DS players time to practise ;)
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:Will it still be called the Yogurt Cup or will it now be the Wen Cup? :) I think waiting for the Wii U version is fine, gives us 3DS players time to practise ;)
It will be the "Kong Win" Cup... Donkey Kong will obviously used for victory! :P

But in all seriousness, I fully paid for the Wii U version of the game. I'm tempted to buying the 3DS version too for a chance at that soundtrack from Club Nintendo!