Legend of Grimrock

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Legend of Grimrock

Post by Kong Wen »

The sequel to the popular PC dungeon crawler Legend of Grimrock is coming out on 15 October! There are some screenshots and pre-order information on the site.

I know Kiwi played and enjoyed this one. Possible Dr. Allosaurus as well. Anyone else on the dungeon-crawl train?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Re: Legend of Grimrock

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

I did play it and I really did enjoy it a lot, also I preordered the sequel and am excited to get my hands on it.

Furthermore, I still have a spare Steam key for Grimrock 1 if anybody wants to give it a spin.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Wow that game looks just beautiful.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Sharecrow wrote:Wow that game looks just beautiful.

Jesus, you aren't kidding. It's games like this that remind me to keep Steam Machines in mind as a second system.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

I played through the majority of the original, and then when one of my friends was watching he laughed at how the combat worked (generally involves walking around your stupid slow enemy and hitting them). I must have gotten self-conscious about it because I stopped shortly after. I shouldn't even be looking at a sequel until I finish with the first. I have to say, they really upped production though for this one. It's stunning looking.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Spore wrote:I played through the majority of the original, and then when one of my friends was watching he laughed at how the combat worked (generally involves walking around your stupid slow enemy and hitting them). I must have gotten self-conscious about it because I stopped shortly after. I shouldn't even be looking at a sequel until I finish with the first. I have to say, they really upped production though for this one. It's stunning looking.
And that's saying something because the original looked good, too. It must have done quite well for them to work this hard on a follow-up. I hope the rest of the game is as improved as the graphics.
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

I've tried to play it multiple times and I just couldn't get into it, the combat felt really weird and chunky so I lost interest, which is a shame because it was an interesting game otherwise.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Turai wrote:I've tried to play it multiple times and I just couldn't get into it, the combat felt really weird and chunky so I lost interest, which is a shame because it was an interesting game otherwise.
Do you have much of a background with other first-person dungeon crawlers? No judgement, just trying to get a feel for how much I should expect to like it (since I haven't played it yet).
Turai
Aspirant

Post by Turai »

None whatsoever, it was my first (and only) one.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I bought this not too long ago and downloaded a ton of portraits for this. Anyone have any tips for party makeup? I was thinking one humie tank, insect mage, and two lizard rogues (not sure if I should try one with throwing to free up a torch hand with the other ranged or not). Haven't really played a game of this type in well, a decade or so.