Socially Distant Santa 2020

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Socially Distant Santa 2020

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Don't know what systems to choose from for Clay so I picked from the unplayed games on Backloggery:
  • Uncharted 2 - PS4
  • Outer Wilds - PS4
  • Flashback - NSD
You can pick any of these 3 to play.
Grt. Merlin

Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 05 Dec 2020 13:42 Don't know what systems to choose from for Clay so I picked from the unplayed games on Backloggery:
  • Uncharted 2 - PS4
  • Outer Wilds - PS4
  • Flashback - NSD
You can pick any of these 3 to play.
Thanks, Merl! Sorry about that, I was actually just about to update with a list, but this is a good selection! I'll roll an RNG later today and let you know what I get. :)
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So without knowing entirely how backloggery works, my suggestion for Merlin is to play the incredible Celeste, since it appears you haven't played it yet. Hope you enjoy it! And remember you can fine tune the difficulty to your liking.
Sharecrow wrote: 05 Dec 2020 00:45
So my pick for you is Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. There’s quite a few good games you had listed there - wasn’t an easy choice.
Almost surprised you didn't go with AC Origins! :lol: Though that would be a tough beat in only a month or so.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote: 06 Dec 2020 16:01 So without knowing entirely how backloggery works, my suggestion for Merlin is to play the incredible Celeste, since it appears you haven't played it yet. Hope you enjoy it! And remember you can fine tune the difficulty to your liking.
I have played it, but it's unfinished. Don't know where I left of. Did continue after some fine tuning, but gave up at some point. Will have to check.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Appears I left off near the end of chapter 5. Once I found the key to continue I could finish the chapter and am now at the beginning of chapter 6.
As for the difficulty .. I've got everything enabled to make it easier, probably one of the reasons I stopped playing.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 07 Dec 2020 11:51 Appears I left off near the end of chapter 5. Once I found the key to continue I could finish the chapter and am now at the beginning of chapter 6.
As for the difficulty .. I've got everything enabled to make it easier, probably one of the reasons I stopped playing.
Well it looks like you don't have too much longer to go! :) Chapter 5 is a bit long in the tooth but I find 6 and 7 to have a great payoff!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Started Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom, fun so far! Music has been very upbeat and catchy, I enjoy the animation of the characters. Currently making my way through Misty Woods as Mr. Piggy.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Finished ch. 6 and 7 .. next up ch. 8
Grt. Merlin

Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 30 Nov 2020 23:59 I'll extend the deadline to express interest because people are oddly hesitant to read this thread?

Anyway, I'm obviously interested. I'll have my PS5 and probably my Switch at home over the holidays, or if I can't travel, I'll have access to everything I own but I'll be focusing on those consoles anyway! :D
You know I can't say no to Celeste. Enjoy! 🏔
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 08 Dec 2020 01:04
Kong Wen wrote: 30 Nov 2020 23:59 I'll extend the deadline to express interest because people are oddly hesitant to read this thread?

Anyway, I'm obviously interested. I'll have my PS5 and probably my Switch at home over the holidays, or if I can't travel, I'll have access to everything I own but I'll be focusing on those consoles anyway! :D
You know I can't say no to Celeste. Enjoy! 🏔
Aww damn, that's not the game I put in the sealed envelope! It was probably my second guess though. I thought for sure you were going to choose Strider. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming