Socially Distant Santa 2020

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Socially Distant Santa 2020

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 08 Dec 2020 01:08
Claytone wrote: 08 Dec 2020 01:04
Kong Wen wrote: 30 Nov 2020 23:59 I'll extend the deadline to express interest because people are oddly hesitant to read this thread?

Anyway, I'm obviously interested. I'll have my PS5 and probably my Switch at home over the holidays, or if I can't travel, I'll have access to everything I own but I'll be focusing on those consoles anyway! :D
You know I can't say no to Celeste. Enjoy! 🏔
Aww damn, that's not the game I put in the sealed envelope! It was probably my second guess though. I thought for sure you were going to choose Strider. :)
I thought about it! It was probably my second choice. But I think Strider is a merely good game that really worked for me personally, as opposed to Celeste which is just sublime.

I will say if you'd rather go with Strider instead (since I know you've played some Celeste before), it sure won't hurt my feelings. It was definitely a finalist. :)

If you go with Celeste, I won't make you beat the epilogue they patched in later, since even I haven't yet.

(I gotta do that!)
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 08 Dec 2020 01:39
Kong Wen wrote: 08 Dec 2020 01:08
Claytone wrote: 08 Dec 2020 01:04 You know I can't say no to Celeste. Enjoy! 🏔
Aww damn, that's not the game I put in the sealed envelope! It was probably my second guess though. I thought for sure you were going to choose Strider. :)
I thought about it! It was probably my second choice. But I think Strider is a merely good game that really worked for me personally, as opposed to Celeste which is just sublime.

I will say if you'd rather go with Strider instead (since I know you've played some Celeste before), it sure won't hurt my feelings. It was definitely a finalist. :)

If you go with Celeste, I won't make you beat the epilogue they patched in later, since even I haven't yet.

(I gotta do that!)
I'll just beat both.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I've started Abzu and don't really know what I'm doing but I am making progress. I enjoy it, too. This was a good pick as I've had it for years and just haven't given it a chance. My daughter plays it occasionally, but I never had. I'll probably complete it...I understand it's not too, too long.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

The Shoemaker wrote: 06 Dec 2020 16:01 So without knowing entirely how backloggery works, my suggestion for Merlin is to play the incredible Celeste, since it appears you haven't played it yet. Hope you enjoy it! And remember you can fine tune the difficulty to your liking.
Sharecrow wrote: 05 Dec 2020 00:45
So my pick for you is Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. There’s quite a few good games you had listed there - wasn’t an easy choice.
Almost surprised you didn't go with AC Origins! :lol: Though that would be a tough beat in only a month or so.
I considered it, but yes that game is hefty. I think you should play it but play it when you want to get to it. I was looking for something more consumable within a month than that, though. I strongly considered Alien Isolation, too, but wanted something a little more light-hearted for the holiday season.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Couldn't enter the caves in ch. 8, need to find some items in the other chapters ...
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 09 Dec 2020 09:04 Couldn't enter the caves in ch. 8, need to find some items in the other chapters ...
You beat the game then, congrats! Chapter 8 is a post game chapter. Chapter 9 was added as DLC and is super hard, I haven't beaten it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote: 09 Dec 2020 16:54
MerlinDrazziw wrote: 09 Dec 2020 09:04 Couldn't enter the caves in ch. 8, need to find some items in the other chapters ...
You beat the game then, congrats! Chapter 8 is a post game chapter. Chapter 9 was added as DLC and is super hard, I haven't beaten it.
I'll still try to find the items needed to enter the core, maybe also play some of the B-sides.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Wow, that means Clay and Merl have already unwrapped their challenging gifts and the month has just begun!

I think we all did a great job of selecting some accessible morsels for each other. This is fun. :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

ALRIGHT, I finished Chapter 4 (Golden Ridge), the wind-gimmick level, after coming back to the game after a loooong break. I got 24/29 strawberries on that one, and I didn't see any others, so there were clearly some hidden passages I missed. I'll get back to that later.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I played some more Abzu tonight and had fun though I didn’t play too long. I think I’ll complete it after I beat it.