Backloggery

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: Backloggery

Post by pdSlooper »

I has a backloggery, too. It's pdrydia.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Don't think you can set it anywhere on BL, but it's 3 max. Usually it show's the 3 recent updates (that are not saved with stealth), but can go wrong when you add a new game. Don't worry about it, the signature image will change soon enough.
I think if you just update the 3 games you're currently playing after you add the new game they'll show the 3 games instead of the new game.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I updated my theme to represent that I'm sinking all of my gaming time lately into Destiny. (The online info and my latest shout also link to the TONe clan. Hopefully a couple more people join so we can start using the tag in-game!)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Has anyone ever had any success in getting Backloggery to add a system? What does it take for the powers that be to do so?

Is there any kind of 'other' option you can use to log stuff for systems they don't have?
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Ask the owner. The sites pretty much run by one guy right?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:Ask the owner. The sites pretty much run by one guy right?
They're pretty busy.

There is a "contact us" form that you can use to suggest new consoles, but that doesn't mean they'll add them right away. I've found they do get around to adding suggested consoles every once in a while though, usually adding a few at a time. Joe's working on a full-site overhaul so he has his hands pretty full when it comes to site stuff, but that also means he's usually pretty engaged with updates.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Kong Wen wrote:
Slurmee wrote:Ask the owner. The sites pretty much run by one guy right?
They're pretty busy.

There is a "contact us" form that you can use to suggest new consoles, but that doesn't mean they'll add them right away. I've found they do get around to adding suggested consoles every once in a while though, usually adding a few at a time. Joe's working on a full-site overhaul so he has his hands pretty full when it comes to site stuff, but that also means he's usually pretty engaged with updates.
I did already try the contact form but I can imagine the amount of mail they must sort through is tremendous.

It would be nice if they could just add a 'misc' option for all the minor systems they don't get around to.

I asked them if they could add the GameKing,which is a weird Hong Kong low res dot matrix handheld but one that does come with its own library of games (of which I've acquired more than a few recently).

I'd like some option to add stuff like this, even if it's all just grouped together.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Popular Backloggery user CherryTonic passed away this morning, a mere few weeks after being diagnosed with a particularly aggressive cancer.

The Backloggery community is rallying together in a particularly Backloggery-esque way, to honour her memory and work through their grief, by collectively beating her remaining uncompleted games, in order to award her with a posthumous "Backlog Beaten" medal.

The games are being tracked in a shared spreadsheet and social discussion uses the hashtag #gamesforcherry.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

That's really sad.

On the plus side that's really fucking cool what the community is doing.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

How does everyone put in their PS+ Games that are multi console? Eg PS4/PS3/Vita