Classic Mario Party!

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Classic Mario Party!

Post by Kreegs »

I am a big fan of the local multiplayer fun that the original (and GC) Mario Party games provided. Would anyone be interested in a reissue of these games with online capabilities? Voice chat support would make this super fun. Why has Nintendo not done something like this yet?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Classic Mario Party!

Post by kitroplious »

Kreegs wrote:I am a big fan of the local multiplayer fun that the original (and GC) Mario Party games provided. Would anyone be interested in a reissue of these games with online capabilities? Voice chat support would make this super fun. Why has Nintendo not done something like this yet?
I'm not sure if they may do this with Mario Party 10, releasing next year (aside from Miiverse, of course!).

I think Nintendo still wants our families and friends to come together in person and still party on!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote:I think Nintendo still wants our families and friends to come together in person and still party on!
Nintendo needs to get their heads out of their asses, embrace decade-old technology and industry conventions, and let players choose for themselves. I play a lot of couch co-op and local multiplayer games, and I'm among the first to criticize certain games' online experiences, but I also enjoy having the option to play a game online with my friends.

As for the topic at hand, I have never played a Mario Party game. I do have that Wii Party U game, which I received for free as part of some promo (the free game with Mario Kart, maybe?), but I've never had an opportunity to play it.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Mario Party 2 and 3 were both super fun games for multiplayer. Getting four friends together to play those games were some of the best times! Really wish they do a remake of some sort.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I actually played some of these on the Wii (though I forget which ones), but it was quite fun. I can't imagine why they wouldn't make these online but I'm not that surprised. Urg...
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Sharecrow wrote:I actually played some of these on the Wii (though I forget which ones), but it was quite fun. I can't imagine why they wouldn't make these online but I'm not that surprised. Urg...
The ones on the N64 and early GC had some of the BEST minigames.
Han Solo
Cinephile and Gamer

Post by Han Solo »

I absolutely love Mario Party 2 and 3. Mario Party 1 also has some of the best maps and mini-games, but the rotating stick games do detract from the overall experience. Mario Party 4 also had a few stand out games, but after 4 the series really started to go downhill fast. I've never played any of the Wii games, but I'm sure introducing the Wiimote would have brought in a bunch of new mini-game ideas.

I'm quite surprised they haven't made a Mario Party game that just collects all of the fan favourite maps and games. I would definitely pick up a best of collection.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I`ve played all the Mario Party`s except for the handheld ones, I`ve always enjoyed them to varrying degrees. Great for when people of all ages come over. My friends don`t care for it too much, but it`s great casual fun for my cousins and girlfriend.

I don`t see Mario Party working great online with random players, but I think it would be a blast to be able to play online with TONe members, making it a weekly thing like Mario Kart. I really don`t think they`ll add online to Mario Party 10, but you can only hope.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yes! I would LOVE to play MP online with friends only. Only having groups of four friends would make them more likely to add voice chat? Less chance of random people trolling?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Yes! I would LOVE to play MP online with friends only. Only having groups of four friends would make them more likely to add voice chat? Less chance of random people trolling?
I would think, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they made Mario Party online with friends only. Too many people wouldn't want to stay for a 20 minute game. If that's the case then there would be no excuse to exclude voice chat.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons