Official Pokémon Discussion Thread

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: Official Pokémon Disscussion Thread

Post by kitroplious »

Meanwhile the free-to-start title, Pokemon Quest, arrived on the Nintendo Switch (Nintendo eShop) yesterday. All about explorations (gathering ingredients for cooking in your bases and some other things).

It’s apparently arriving in June on mobile.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

kitroplious wrote: 30 May 2018 10:14 Meanwhile the free-to-start title, Pokemon Quest, arrived on the Nintendo Switch (Nintendo eShop) yesterday. All about explorations (gathering ingredients for cooking in your bases and some other things).

It’s apparently arriving in June on mobile.
I tried it and found that not being able to control where the characters moved made it feel really weird. Also believe it suffers from the energy bar issue with free games where after a certain amount of playing you have to wait for a certain amount of time to recharge before continuing the game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm okay with no online trading, just because it's not a core game. I don't mind gyro aiming (don't have to do the actual throw move). I think I could actually be into no wild battles, I always found combat to be the least interesting part of Pokemon, only fun against trainers.

I wouldn't say I'm sold on it, but interested. Hopefully they figure out how to add multiplayer to the core game as well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The Shoemaker wrote: 30 May 2018 16:23 I'm okay with no online trading, just because it's not a core game. I don't mind gyro aiming (don't have to do the actual throw move). I think I could actually be into no wild battles, I always found combat to be the least interesting part of Pokemon, only fun against trainers.

I wouldn't say I'm sold on it, but interested. Hopefully they figure out how to add multiplayer to the core game as well.
It seems reports are now saying the game will have online battling and trading, and won't be a part of the Online Subscription service.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

• The Combat Power system from Pokemon GO is being used in battles
  • Battling and trading will be available online, but competitive ranked battles aren’t included
  • Officially-released screens were at 1080p resolution
  • Pokemon Let’s GO Pikachu/Eevee’s codename was “Project Beluga”
  • The Poke Ball Plus’ codename was “Project Palma”
source
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Interestingly enough the concept of the Let's Go games is growing on me. The no wild pokemon could possibly even be a good thing while I'll always hate gyro/motion I think I can live with it and the fact online is available is fantastic.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Best Buy as the ball and game bundle listed for 99.99 USD.

Amazon Prime members can pre order the game only for 47.99. (That’s what I did).

Hopefully the ball will be around the $50 mark so I can feel good about not getting the bundle.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'm stupidly addicted to pokemon let's go played 30 hours in 4 days. I had no idea I'd enjoy it this much far and beyond better than Moon for me. Its not a perfect game but its addictive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 30 Nov 2018 15:58 I'm stupidly addicted to pokemon let's go played 30 hours in 4 days. I had no idea I'd enjoy it this much far and beyond better than Moon for me. Its not a perfect game but its addictive.
I reckon it's because it's a remake of an older, better game. The early Pokémon are so innocent and pure.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Let's Go is fun so far. I'm in the early goings. Handheld mode is much better than any of the TV control schemes. Pikachu > Eevee.

Can someone explain to me what a Nuzlocke challenge is?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming