Official Pokémon Discussion Thread

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Re: Official Pokémon Disscussion Thread

Post by pdSlooper »

I like the idea of Pokken, but surely it'll be hideous on Wii U?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

pdSlooper wrote:I like the idea of Pokken, but surely it'll be hideous on Wii U?
I'm not really expecting much of a visual downgrade, but maybe my hopes are too high?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Audio Ace wrote:I'd like to see how this game goes. It looks like alot of fun. Hopefully their aren't just a bunch of different pikachus in costumes.
Do you mean that literally or do you mean you hope for a lot of variety in gameplay? :lol: There definitely won't be 700 Pokemon, but I think there will be a good selection!
I hope they pick Pokemon that have different styles of play. Gengar isn't my first thought for a fighting game but i am glad they are trying to be diverse in their choices. My hope is for Pokemon like Scizor, Sceptile and Arcanine. But i expect them to at least add some of the more popular fighting pokemon like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Hariyama.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Audio Ace wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Audio Ace wrote:I'd like to see how this game goes. It looks like alot of fun. Hopefully their aren't just a bunch of different pikachus in costumes.
Do you mean that literally or do you mean you hope for a lot of variety in gameplay? :lol: There definitely won't be 700 Pokemon, but I think there will be a good selection!
I hope they pick Pokemon that have different styles of play. Gengar isn't my first thought for a fighting game but i am glad they are trying to be diverse in their choices. My hope is for Pokemon like Scizor, Sceptile and Arcanine. But i expect them to at least add some of the more popular fighting pokemon like Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Hariyama.
Yeah my hope is that they don't overflow the game with fighting type Pokemon, but like you said that clearly won't be the case with the Pokemon shown so far. I'm not sure how many there are in the arcade version, I wonder if the console version will have more.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Audio Ace wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
Have you ever heard of Pokemon Type Wild? It's a fanmade 2D Pokemon fighting game which actually predates Pokken. The reason why I mention it is because it actually had Gengar in the game as well. The Gengar in that game, though, used fans and I think may have been partly based on the anime.

I'm a fan of bug-type Pokemon and would like to see some of those. Scizor would be cool, but I also really like Heracross, Escavalier (my favorite Pokemon), Scyther, Galvantula and Vespiquen.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Pokemon GO for Mobile devices was announced the other day

Neat trailer, but I'm more interested to see what the actualy gameplay will be like. I like the idea of going to real world locations to catch Pokemon, but how will it work? I have a feeling it won't be the same as traditional Pokemon battling. I'm sure it will still be turn based, but I feel like it will require a lot of community/friend input as well as have restrictions on what kind of moves you can do and how often. You'll probably have to earn points for better Pokeballs or pay real money to get them faster.

I think it could definitely be a neat experience.
neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

The Shoemaker wrote:Pokemon GO for Mobile devices was announced the other day
I tried having a discussion yesterday in the chat, but I probably started it with the wrong foot and I couldn't get it back on the subject.
I think it's very nice. When a friend told me about it, he only had said the words Pokémon, GPS, Mobile and I knew exactly what it would have been.

I really like the idea because the main adventure in Pokémon games is what made me stop playing (B/W and X/Y are sitting on the shelf unfinished), so replacing the adventure with real life exploration and leaving training & battling in place ...man it is such a perfect idea!
Although I have fears that training and battling might not remain the same...oh, and I also don't own a smartphone!

Anyway, I thought of this game ages ago, I want my share, Nintendo.
Last edited by neuzd on 16 Sep 2015 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

Pokemon Go is by the same team that made Ingress,so I wonder if we'll see multiplayer functions similar to what that has.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

neuzd wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Pokemon GO for Mobile devices was announced the other day
I tried having a discussion yesterday in the chat, but I probably started it with the wrong foot and I couldn't get it back on the subject.
I think it's very nice. When a friend told me about it, he only had said the words Pokémon, GPS, Mobile and I knew exactly what it would have been.

I really like the idea because the main adventure in Pokémon games is what made me stop playing (B/W and X/Y are sitting on the shelf unfinished), so replacing the adventure with real life exploration and leaving training & battling in place ...man it is such a perfect idea!
Although I have fears that training and battling might not remain the same...oh, and I also don't own a smartphone!

Anyway, I thought of this game ages ago, I want my share, Nintendo.
Totally, I think it's something that's going to work out very well for them. Appeals to those who are both into the mainline games and those who are no longer playing them. Offers a light Pokemon esc experience, something to keep people interested in the series.

Actually considering that the trailer only showed Gen 1 Pokemon, I think that's exactly their plan: to appeal to those who have moved away from Pokemon. Which should be the goal of all of Nintendo's mobile games really. To reach out to an audience that isn't playing their games without pulling their own audience away from them.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Pokémon got a Super Bowl commercial.

How does this make you feel?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming