Majora's Mask

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Majora's Mask

Post by The Shoemaker »

I could see them slowing down time even more, but at the same time they specifically said in the direct that they want to maintain the same level of difficulty that the original had.

I want them to add a dungeon, but I really don't think they will, for this game especially where the four temples sort of rely on 4 Masks and that there's a time limit. I wouldn't mind a Master Quest version, but I doubt Grezzo will go that far.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Kong Wen wrote:I've seen at least a couple people talk about scrapping the time limit. I have to admit, I don't really understand that. That would be like getting excited for a Super Mario Bros. remake but hoping they remove all the jumping. The time limit is one of the core mechanics of the game, and part of what makes exploring so engaging.
Scrapping the time limit doesn't even make sense. I mean, the game genuinely doesn't work without it. All NPC events in the game are tied to a clock. What happens when there is effectively no time? The characters can't progress. More than that, you lose the whole awesome dynamic of the moon getting closer to the planet as time progresses. At most they could make time pass slower in dungeons.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The only way would be to eliminate time in dungeons. So much is reliant on the time for the game to function. I know the time will still be in the game because the clocks are everywhere in the trailer.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:The European special edition is cute:

Nintendo World Store and/or Nintendo of America specific contest exclusive, if any chance of a release here...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

So the most we know so far is that an ambiguous boss battle will be altered slightly, the game will use touch screen and gyro controls similarily to OOT 3D + ALBW, and the biggest one of all - fishing has been added to the game! ;)

Aonuma said that they'll be keeping the difficulty the same while making hints more accessable. Sounds to me like the time mechanic isn't going to be altered.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/17/e ... as-mask-3d
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Special edition in North America with Skull Kid figurine (if only it was an Amiibo).
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

The Shoemaker wrote:Special edition in North America with Skull Kid figurine (if only it was an Amiibo).
Is this actually a thing or a thing you hope will happen? I have a Skull Kid Figurine that looks very similar but was made by first4figures and is now worth a lot of moneygolds.

I imagine the Nintendo one will be cheaper quality.
Kong Wen wrote:I've seen at least a couple people talk about scrapping the time limit. I have to admit, I don't really understand that. That would be like getting excited for a Super Mario Bros. remake but hoping they remove all the jumping. The time limit is one of the core mechanics of the game, and part of what makes exploring so engaging.
I don't understand this either. The 3 day groundhog day mechanic is the games entire gimmick and a key part of the overall atmosphere of doom and hopelessness that greatly separates it in tone from other Zelda games.

I recently beat Majora's Mask for the first time after giving up on it in the N64 days. The only time that the time limit becomes frustrating is in the final temple which is preposterously difficult to navigate by today's standards. Running out of time in this temple could be frustrating but only because the process of beating it was so tedious. I expect Nintendo to "water Temple" this dungeon.

Majora's mask is not really about dungeons though...possibly why it is my favorite of the Zelda games.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

No that Skull Kid is real, came with special editions of the game.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

The Shoemaker wrote:No that Skull Kid is real, came with special editions of the game.
Here's the side by side of Nintendo's Skull kid model versus the original First4figures one:

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I think I like the Nintendo figure better (might just be the small size) but I love that stump on the other one. But yeah, very very similar.