Overwatch

A place to discuss PC gaming, including software, client platforms such as Galaxy, Origin, Steam, and Uplay, and hardware like Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Overwatch

Post by Kong Wen »

Blizzard announced a new franchise at BlizzCon today: Overwatch, a team-based first-person shooter. Not much is known about it yet. Blizzard promises it will be accessible for new players, and they showed off what some are calling "Pixar-like" animation.

Beta will begin in 2015.

EDIT: Kotaku has posted Blizzard's Overwatch press release.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Overwatch

Post by VictorViper »

"YYYEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! That was AWESOME!!"

Pretty much sums that up.

Not sure what "Pixar-like" means unless it's a comment on the quality. Blizzard has had an outstanding CG team for years and years.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Overwatch

Post by Spore »

A lot of people seem to be comparing this game to Super Monday Night Combat or Dota (in some respects) which I actually agree with. The characters seem less like they fulfill class roles (Hamza? Reaper?) and more like a Dota hero or League Champion in that they all just have certain abilities that get any job done but in different ways. Also, the focus on verticality is awesome. Few games try it, but it adds so much... depth. One thing that bugged me was that everything seemed to die in one hit. I hope this was just a concession for the trailer to make the characters look really bad ass while playing them.