PlayStation Plus

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: PlayStation Plus

Post by Spore »

Please play Grow Home. It's purposefully clunky with purely physics based movement, but at the same time it is very relaxing.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Super Meat Boy and Broken Age head up the lineup of PS+ freebies for October.

The full list of games that will be free starting next week and continuing through October are:

Super Meat Boy, PS4, PS Vita
Broken Age, PS4, PS Vita
Unmechanical: Extended, PS4, PS3
Chariot, PS3
KickBeat, PS3, PS Vita
Kung Fu Rabbit, PS3, PS Vita
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Chariot is kind of cool, especially if you have two players.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

PS+ freebies for December (I don't remember voting for these... did they stop doing that already?) have been revealed:

PS3: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon; SSX
Vita: Freedom Wars; Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
PS4: Gauntlet: Slayer Edition; King’s Quest — Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I tried to vote for the last round but couldn't find the option anywhere. I'm not sure if they've stopped, but I wouldn't put it past Sony not to say a damn thing about it if they did. Still, I have avatars now, so I'm somewhat appeased.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I didn't either. Yeah what could have possibly been so wrong with it? I have to believe it was really low participation
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Sharecrow wrote:I didn't either. Yeah what could have possibly been so wrong with it? I have to believe it was really low participation
I feel the same way. Honestly? I don't think it was promoted enough or even properly. They had one or two official blog entries that I guarantee the majority of users didn't see or know about, and only a few sites around the web mentioned that a vote was even happening (that I recall). The fact that they didn't push it into the new Playstation Plus-only section on the main screen boggles my mind. They even gave Plus a shiny gold... plus symbol! A few more things to consider: would the upcoming holiday season with it's various sales have pushed this to the side; the selection process in the first place always seemed slim, and I want to stress that I'm not sure how they went about doing sales/free games, so maybe not enough dev participation/willingness either; there's actually not that many people interested in indie games, free or not, that made the effort worthwhile?

Regardless, my main gripe with it is that there was seemingly little effort to get the word out there. I feel they would be doing everyone a service if they added an icon on the menu right after the PSN Store that took you to the Playstation blog.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

In February, we're getting Helldivers, NomNom Galaxy, Lemmings Touch, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Fighting Jamboree, Grid Autosport, and Nova-111 (?).

Sounds like a decent lineup!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/01/ ... uary-2016/
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I grabbed Broforce but wanted to point out that the PS3 'I Am Alive' game is also free. That's a pretty awesome game that I still think about though it's been a couple years since I last played it. I'll revisit it at some point for a completion run. If you like dystopian survival games, this is a good one.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

PS Plus prices are getting boosted for the first time in 6 years. Yay inflation! Boo price increases...

It'll be $59.99 USD per year ($69.99 CAD), bringing it up in line with Microsoft's Gold program. I wonder if this money's going to be invested in servers and operations...