PlayStation Plus

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: PlayStation Plus

Post by SkyPikachu »

Last month for vita + Ps3.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 31 Jan 2019 00:34 Last month for vita + Ps3.
Doesn't feel like that long ago that they announced those consoles would stop getting PS+ support. So what is it going to be in March, just 2 PS4 games?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 31 Jan 2019 02:08
Doesn't feel like that long ago that they announced those consoles would stop getting PS+ support. So what is it going to be in March, just 2 PS4 games?
Yep. 2 a month. 24 games a year down from 72.

Unless they surprise us or announce something soon.

Im glad they did this us I saved myself $80 a year now.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 31 Jan 2019 02:08
Also pretty sure Ps3 and vita still get ps+ support (cloud save etc etc) just no more free games.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05 ... vercooked/

Overcooked
What Remains of Edith Finch
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Good games but not long games. Better than most months quality wise. Edith Finch was a fun 3 hours not something I would buy though so actually perfect for ps+ just a shame it only has 1 other game to support it not 5.

Anyone that plays Edith Finch let me know what you thought.

I also think it's safe to say that Sony isn't going to improve the game quality now there's less games. We shouldn't expect AAA stunners every month or even more than once or twice a year. The games are still decent though and a nice bonus if you already play online.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Slurmee wrote: 02 May 2019 15:42 Good games but not long games. Better than most months quality wise. Edith Finch was a fun 3 hours not something I would buy though so actually perfect for ps+ just a shame it only has 1 other game to support it not 5.

I also think it's safe to say that Sony isn't going to improve the game quality now there's less games. We shouldn't expect AAA stunners every month or even more than once or twice a year. The games are still decent though and a nice bonus if you already play online.
What Remains of Edith Finch is an awesome game. It’s quite unique too. You play through the various untimely demises of the Finch family members, and each has its own gameplay and perspective. One of them was particularly moving for me and I still think about it to this day. It’s a straightforward game and linear in design but worth every minute of time it takes to get through it. I bought it at launch.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

These are both exemplary games in their genres. Overcooked isn't for me, but this definitely doesn't represent an overall quality dip. I haven't downloaded a Vita or PS3 offering from among the Plus freebies in a year or so.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Sharecrow wrote: 02 May 2019 15:46
Slurmee wrote: 02 May 2019 15:42 Good games but not long games. Better than most months quality wise. Edith Finch was a fun 3 hours not something I would buy though so actually perfect for ps+ just a shame it only has 1 other game to support it not 5.

What Remains of Edith Finch is an awesome game. It’s quite unique too. You play through the various untimely demises of the Finch family members, and each has its own gameplay and perspective. One of them was particularly moving for me and I still think about it to this day. It’s a straightforward game and linear in design but worth every minute of time it takes to get through it. I bought it at launch.
Some of the stories are just amazing. The fish one was my favorite and the Edith's story being told slowly was perfect too. VA has a really nice voice to listen too as well.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I don't remember the last time I subbed to PS+ honestly. It has had some good games up in the time I've been gone. This month is great if you haven't played those games.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons