PlayStation Plus

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: PlayStation Plus

Post by SkyPikachu »

PS3 and Vita not getting ps+ support from March 2019 onwards plus we’ll be getting 2 instead of 6 games each month from March 2019 onwards as well. Considering we just had a price rise for ps+ this is a deal breaker for me.

Taking a look at the list of PS4 titles the last year compared to the other 4 titles the list gets cut down way to much for me to think $80 AUD is worth it.

I think I’ll start just buying ps+ for the months where the games looks interesting only. Which will also help my backlog.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I wager they're going to introduce something new to the service by the time March 2019 rolls around. Online functionality for MoHu Wo and Destiny and the like, plus cloud saving, are pretty nice perks.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Bloodborne, PS4
Not my favorite genre and looks difficult as hell so I'll give it a miss.

Ratchet & Clank, PS4
Beaten already

Legend of Kay, PS3
Looks fun being PS3 only kinda sucks though. Probably will never get around to playing it.

Mighty No. 9, PS3 (Cross Buy with PS4)
Terrible reviews but I love me some Megaman even if it's bad so I'll try it out.

Claire: Extended Cut, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Played for 30 minutes died and couldn't re-spawn I believe the game glitched. I then went to load my save and it deleted the save. The games map system was confusing while the game was dark and hard to work out what was what and having no combat sucked. So it's a hard pass.

Bombing Busters, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
Maybe I suck at the game but it seems brutality hard and very RNG like. Enemies are very smart so it's really hard to kill them and if you don't get the right power ups early (aka the detonator) it just makes life really hard. Also the bosses are just seem lame. The 2nd boss that I finally beat seemed to random stun me and i couldn't work out why sometimes it would stun me and instakill me and why it wouldn't other times. If you want a challenging Bomberman though it's worth a try.

Overall
Bloodborne is apparently a fantastic game and Ratchet is a fantastic game. However for me personally this months a little disappointing. Especially with Claire and Bombing Busters being crap and average.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm excited to try ratchet and clank, I've been eyeing it for a while. Right now I'm playing Rime from last months rewards. I've also already played bloodborne so I won't be playing it again.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Mad Max (PS4)
This looks fun the type of game I really like to see on PS+ something I wouldn't usually buy.
Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
Everyone is talking magical things about this however I played it a lot in high school on PC and can't really see how much further it could have gotten since.
In Space We Brawl (PS3)
Hard Pass
Toy Home (PS3)
They're really making the PS3 lineup look boring. Hard Pass
99 VIDAS (PS Vita)
I'll probably en up downloading it and playing it even though beat em ups aren't my thing
Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
This game annoys me a lot. It's a free game (no micro-transactions) on iOS (and probably Android) so it's really just filler. I played the iOS version for 5 minutes and enjoyed it but not the touch controls so it will be nice to have trophies and stick controls but I still think it's a pretty big middle finger to include a game that's free on other platforms.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Don't bother with Q*bert the rebooted controls make it unplayable.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Slurmee wrote: 04 Apr 2018 13:55 Don't bother with Q*bert the rebooted controls make it unplayable.
I’ve actually played this quite a bit. The controls take getting used to but are consistent (so if you’re not careful you can jump into space without meaning to, or just to the wrong block). It’s a tough game too as its original was. Getting all trophies on it is something I don’t think I’m good enough to do... just wanted to chime in to say controls have worked for us.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Are the controls that much different from the old versions? I recall them being really clunky and unintuitive on the Commodore 64. I can only imagine the presence of a stick on the PS4 controller would at least bring it into line with the arcade version, but maybe it's been mishandled.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 04 Apr 2018 20:20 Are the controls that much different from the old versions? I recall them being really clunky and unintuitive on the Commodore 64. I can only imagine the presence of a stick on the PS4 controller would at least bring it into line with the arcade version, but maybe it's been mishandled.
In the rebooted version they have left right up down diagonal and you can’t use the dpad and I found the stick to be very hard to perfectly move it. I was playing it on vita so maybe it’s harder on vita. But looking at other reviews people seem to agree with almost unplayable controls.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Great lineup for June!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05 ... june-2018/

XCOM 2 (PS4)
Trials Fusion (PS4)

Zombie Driver HD (PS3)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3)
Atomic Ninjas (Vita)
Squares (Vita)

I kept sitting out XCOM's various sales because, even though I loved the first one and its expansion, I was nervous about performance issues reported for the sequel. But free is definitely the right price.