Football... of all sorts!

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.

Who do you think will win Super Bowl 50?

Poll ended at 07 Feb 2016 15:01

Carolina Panthers
100%
Denver Broncos
No votes

Total votes: 1

kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Football... of all sorts!

Post by kitroplious »

The 102nd Grey Cup is on today in Canadian Football! It's the second straight year Hamilton is in it, but they face the Stampeders, in which had a great season. The game starts at 3 PM Pacific Time.

Major League Soccer may be the most interesting (down south anyway), as the Sounders FC face the LA Galaxy around 6 PM Pacific.

I don't watch a lot of soccer/European football (English Premier League, etc.), but I've watched a lot of the FIFA World Cup this year, which that was entertaining.

Of course there's also the NFL, rugby, and the usual NCAA Football (the latter that will have a whole bunch of "Bowls" games, just like every other year, coming up!)
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Football... of all sorts!

Post by VictorViper »

Kit, some day you need to get downtown to watch the Aussi-rules Football championship game at the ANZAC (Australian-New Zealand Army Corps. club). The place goes absolutely nuts. I'll fully admit to being largely ignorant of the sport, but it's immensely entertaining and well worth your time.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I support

the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL,
The Minnesota Gophers in the Big Ten,
Manchester City in the EPL (I started cheering for them WAY before they were good),
and Atlas in the Mexican league.

At this point, I don't really support anyone in the MLS. There are rumors that MN will get a team soon.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

LA Galaxy wins the series against Seattle on a tiebreaker, after they and Sounders split the games and goals. The LA Galaxy will play New England Revolution in the MLS final.

Hamilton got robbed of a possible Grey Cup win, thanks to that illegal block penalty. Although they had earlier chances to score in the red zone, they couldn't get the job done majority of the game.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

My friend likes NFL so I'm getting into it to and I'm really liking it.

Kinda a Broncos fan due to liking the Avs. She's (my friend) a everyone fan but closest to Baltimore and Washington so I'll cheer for Baltimore in the playoffs.

I use to watch Australian football but don't anymore.
Last edited by SkyPikachu on 03 Jan 2015 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:My friend likes NFL so I'm getting into it to and I'm really liking it.

Kinda a Broncos fan due to liking the Avs.
Go Broncos! They're my default team because I don't really watch but my dad is into them. I did like them in the Elway days, so it's as close as I'm going to get to following / caring about an NFL team.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Broncos?! You.... you heathens!
My teams for the NFL are the Raiders for the AFC and the Falcons in the NFC. It's been a rough time being a fan.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Drauks wrote:Broncos?! You.... you heathens!
My teams for the NFL are the Raiders for the AFC and the Falcons in the NFC. It's been a rough time being a fan.
Wait I thought the Patriots were literally hitler not the Broncos...
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

OH BOY, this is my thread!

I'll get the boring stuff out of the way first. I support the Atlanta Falcons and Tennessee Titans in the NFL (since my hometown of Chattanooga, TN, nearly splits the difference in the drive between the two home stadiums), and I also casually root for the Cardinals, and I'd hate to die without seeing the Cleveland Browns win a Super Bowl. But the NFL is a snoozefest overall, IMO, compared to college ball, wherein...

I am a diehard, eternal fan of my Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, who just capped off a historically good 11-3 season with a victory over arch-rival Georgia Bulldogs (against whom we were running a 5 year losing streak, with only 1 win in the past 13 years until this year's victory) and a win in the Orange Bowl against the Mississippi State Bulldogs. I say historically good because it's just that. Only 4 previous teams in Tech's 100+ year history of playing football have achieved a win total of 11 or more. Of Tech's five 11+ win seasons, two have come under our current coach, whose contract we just extended. In the past few years, though, he led us to a series of mediocre seasons, and people were wondering if this would be his last year with us. What a turnaround!

Consequently, I also pull for any NFL teams featuring former Tech stars. The Detroit Lions are home to my favorite athlete of all time, Calvin Johnson. The Broncos also enjoy the receiving efforts of former Tech great Demaryius Thomas. Those are two of my favorite players, but generally, any team with a Tech player on its roster will enjoy my favor.

Every year, I almost consider dabbling in following Canadian football, but that consideration has failed to take hold yet. Maybe next season?

Also, my brief and entire opinion on soccer: it sucks.
You got BOOST power!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

That Indianapolis Colts / Denver Broncos game will be very interesting.

Seattle faces Carolina at home next week.