The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
neuzd
Ω

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by neuzd »

Are others enjoying taking pictured as much as I do? If so maybe we can open a BoTW vistas thread.
2017030501301400-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg
2017030501301400-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg (201.5 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
2017030418133400-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg
2017030418133400-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg (119.44 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
2017030501371500-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg
2017030501371500-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.jpg (105.9 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I keep forgetting to take pics! I think I will do so more. The view from atop the hills surrounding Kakariko Village at night is beautiful.

I did use the capture button for two particular shrines that involved memorizing a certain order, made them much easier to remember!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Hahaha, speaking of pictures, I've made Link take a couple of angry selfies inside shrines I didn't like. I'll post one when I get my system up.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Exploring the edge of the world, came across this crazy island...
Spoiler
Seems to be like a shrine, but an island. Once you get there, you lose all your items - the armor your wearing, all your weapons, bows, materials and food. You have nothing. You're told you will get your items back once you complete the island challenge. So you're left there naked, basically back to basics. I ran around looking for something I could fight with, started using a tree branch I found near by. had to look for some materials so I could make some heart increasing food, but you still need to find a cooking pot. Meanwhile there are enemies left and right waiting to get you, it's really cool. Puts you on survival mode.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

On another note, where has everybody been exploring? I've really only ventured east of the Great Plateau, but gone through the areas pretty thoroughly. Explored a lot through the Dual Peaks, Kakariko Village and Hateno Village, right up to the edge of the world on the east. I've been trying not to light towers in areas I'm not ready to explore yet, so I've pretty much explored the entirety of Necluda, the bottom half of Lanayru and top half of Faron. I have Central Hyrule lit up as well but I've really only explored as far as a few stables, and went out of my way to light the tower. I'm working my way towards central Hyrule again, might even give Hyrule Castle a shot...

I've found Hetsu twice to give him my Korok seeds (couldn't be a more hilarious use for the seeds), though I haven't seen him in a while. I have 92 of them stored away so it would be nice to cash those in soon. Also, I have 6 hearts and two stamina upgrades, and I have 6 spirit orbs currently so I'm likely going to go for health again.

Spoilers for Faron Province:
Spoiler
Anyone tackle that flying dragon that circles the Bridge of Hylia? I've seen him a few times but never seriously attempted to fight him, assuming that's what the goal is anyways. I also spotted him in the province east of Faron.
Story related spoilers for Hateno Village (after Kakariko):
Spoiler
Anyone planning on filling out compendium using the camera rune? :lol: There's a ridiculous amount of stuff you'd need to take pictures of. It's kind of a fun feature though. Now whenever I spot a new enemy or animal I make sure to snap a shot of it. I think the equipment pictures are what would be the biggest pain in the butt though. I definitely want to find all the camera "memories" though. Seems like the photos are likely in chronological order, so I'm going to try my best to find them that way.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Holy moly, 92 Kurobeans!! You really have been exploring thoroughly. I've found maybe 20. Maybe.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Holy moly, 92 Kurobeans!! You really have been exploring thoroughly. I've found maybe 20. Maybe.
Really? I mean total I've probably found 140 or so. There must be something like 1000 in the game, they're everywhere. But yeah, I meticulously go through each area looking for the little guys!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I checked after posting this and I found my 19th last night. The areas are WAY TOO BIG to explore meticulously, for me. Lots of slogging through the woods. I see a shiny off in the distance, and then I go on the hunt for it, then I circle back and follow whatever way my whimsy takes me. I'll keep finding them along the way. :)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:I checked after posting this and I found my 19th last night. The areas are WAY TOO BIG to explore meticulously, for me. Lots of slogging through the woods. I see a shiny off in the distance, and then I go on the hunt for it, then I circle back and follow whatever way my whimsy takes me. I'll keep finding them along the way. :)
They are mostly off the beaten path, on top of hills, mountains, in trees, rocks ect. My map isn't happy unless I see each area has plenty of Korok seed icons indicating I've explored adequately ;) They are my main source of distraction really, I never take the roads, it's always over the mountains for me! Probably why I've really only explored the east and haven't moved much beyond there.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:They are mostly off the beaten path, on top of hills, mountains, in trees, rocks ect. My map isn't happy unless I see each area has plenty of Korok seed icons indicating I've explored adequately ;) They are my main source of distraction really, I never take the roads, it's always over the mountains for me! Probably why I've really only explored the east and haven't moved much beyond there.
That's one of the things I like about this game—multiple play styles are not only possible, but encouraged. I've been weaving and winding back and forth across the map, spending some time in the south, some time in the east, some time climbing mountains, and some time prowling across the Hyrule fields, never staying in one spot for very long.

I did advance the story a little bit, but I'm not sure how to even broach the subject without spoilers, so I'll hold tight for now. :)