The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: The Legend of Zelda for Wii U

Post by SkyPikachu »

Seriously nothing about the game at all apart from it's still coming to Wii U...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I didn't expect anything since they said it wasn't coming to E3, but I thought maaaaybe they would throw in another 20 second video.

I guess Triforce Heroes will have to hold us for now.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm going to throw this right here. There has been some talk of a Twilight Princess HD remake for Wii U lately, and during Nintendo's investor meeting the other day, Nintendo showed this picture of their current IP's.
In it is a new render of Link we've never seen before, that appears to look exactly like his Twilight pose

Who knows, could mean Twilight Princess HD is on its way. Nintendo's president also said that there will be a Nintendo Direct this year, and there are still titles releasing this year that haven't been announced. I don't think that means Twilight HD releases this year though, but who knows.
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

I'd be up for going through TP again. It was certainly flawed buy I really enjoyed playing it back in the day. Could barely put it down. Hopefully they tweak some aspects to make it more... lively? And of course spruce up the colours and so on. That's if they do it. I think there's a decent amount of evidence to be honest.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Humphries90 wrote:I'd be up for going through TP again. It was certainly flawed buy I really enjoyed playing it back in the day. Could barely put it down. Hopefully they tweak some aspects to make it more... lively? And of course spruce up the colours and so on. That's if they do it. I think there's a decent amount of evidence to be honest.
I've been meaning to replay TP for the last year or so, and I was pretty close to picking up a copy the other day for under $20. I think I'll stick it out and see if any news pops up regarding a remake.

I'm not sure what I would want changed other than the visuals, updated music would be cool but I know that's a touchy subject with remakes. I hear a lot of complaints about the slow intro, which I didn't mind back in the day (I spent so much time just running around in the first village, and being awed at the fact that I wasn't even in Hyrule yet when looking at the map.).

I think one of the best changes they could do is make the shift from Link to Wolf one button. The switching between forms was a cool part of the game that was kind of hasseled by having to stop and talk to Midna to switch. I think it would be so cool if you could press a single button to switch to Wolf Link on the fly. I liked being a wolf to run fast across a field when I didn't have Epona.

Kind of brings me to another point; you should definitely get the Epona whistle earlier in the game. By the time you get it you've explored Hyrule Field many, many times and I'm pretty sure it's right before the final dungeon. Whistle could have come in handy a lot earlier.

I'd also like to see the quick equip system they introduced in Wind Waker HD, where you switch weapons on the fly using the touch screen. Hero mode would be neat as well, and maybe more things to find than just endless rupee's everywhere. Also, no more "you picked up a blue rupee, it's worth 5 rupee's" bullshit!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

" The Legend of Zelda: The latest instalment in this classic series is scheduled to launch simultaneously for both Wii U and NX, and both versions of the game have been in development in tandem. Because developers need more time to polish the game, it will launch in 2017, but it will be the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3. "
Well looking like the Wii U is turning into this decades Gamecube. Bad Sales but a nice bunch of games and very underrated.

Nonetheless this bares the question what console do I buy the game on.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:
" The Legend of Zelda: The latest instalment in this classic series is scheduled to launch simultaneously for both Wii U and NX, and both versions of the game have been in development in tandem. Because developers need more time to polish the game, it will launch in 2017, but it will be the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3. "
Well looking like the Wii U is turning into this decades Gamecube. Bad Sales but a nice bunch of games and very underrated.

Well, if you're not going to get an NX day one then you would probably pick Wii U ;)

I think it's a good move, gotta give NX as many strong launch titles as they can.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Slurmee wrote:

Well, if you're not going to get an NX day one then you would probably pick Wii U ;)

I think it's a good move, gotta give NX as many strong launch titles as they can.
I doubt I'll buy the game day one anyway. I guess it would depend on the difference between the game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

With Nintendo's plan of making this E3 entirely about Zelda, and having an 8 hour stream of the game, I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty Zelda'd out by the time E3 is over. Game won't even be coming until a minimum of 9 months after that as well.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Somehow we went all E3 without talking about this game :p Perhaps a topic title change is in order for the new subtitle, Breath of the Wild?

Anyways, GameXplain has spent the last two months analyzing over 10 hours of footage from E3 to put together this 2 hour video that covers everything.

There's... a lot to it. If you're looking to go in to the game blind then it's safe to say you should avoid the video. Goes into all the regions in the game (surprisingly we've pretty much seen snippets of every area in the game already), things likely to find in each region, placement of the series in the timeline, story details, among others. There's a lot of in depth stuff here.