Mario Maker

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
evildevil97
Adept

Re: Mario Maker

Post by evildevil97 »

...And I'm done tinkering with it for now. Here it is... "Red Coins on Brick Road".

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... -01EF-FE6E
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

And I'm already working on a few tweaks for that stage. Before I delete and reupload, anyone have any thoughts on the current version?
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

evildevil97 wrote:And I'm already working on a few tweaks for that stage. Before I delete and reupload, anyone have any thoughts on the current version?
It was hard. I never beat it because of the last red coin. Maybe provide a fire shooting clown car if you have made it to the end but fail to get the needed coins? I just felt like quitting and starting over if I didnt make it without the coins, because all the powerups were used from my first run through. Pretty sure yoy can put clown cars in ? Blocks. Maybe have the regular door lead to a small platform at the beginning containing things?

I also wondered where you got that P switch part idea from... ;-)

What do you think?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Hey, the pswitch thing isn't all that original!

I will not put a clown car in. My biggest edit thus far is I put the locked door at the start as an added warning that the coins are necessary. Also, the checkpoint is at the end for a reason. If you die, the entire stage will reset, except for the need to recollect the coins. Seemed like a good solution.

Is the last coin too rough though? I can always figure another place for it. There's plenty of possibilities.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

evildevil97 wrote:Hey, the pswitch thing isn't all that original!

I will not put a clown car in. My biggest edit thus far is I put the locked door at the start as an added warning that the coins are necessary. Also, the checkpoint is at the end for a reason. If you die, the entire stage will reset, except for the need to recollect the coins. Seemed like a good solution.

Is the last coin too rough though? I can always figure another place for it. There's plenty of possibilities.
I had a hard time getting the bombs to blow it up with the scroll. Maybe give a leaf powerup after the first run through for block smashing?
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Leaf certainly isnt out of the question. My current editted version has that coin moved to a spot near the checkpoint.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

evildevil97 wrote:Leaf certainly isnt out of the question. My current editted version has that coin moved to a spot near the checkpoint.
Ok. Let us know when the new version is up!
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

evildevil97 wrote:New version is up:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... -01F5-EE99
I'll check it out once I am done racing.

***Just played it. It is easier than before, but not a cakewalk. I liked it. I freaked out about the last coin and then I realized it was way up by the red door! WHEW!
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I think the stage is about as perfect as I can get it now. I do wish I was able to make it so only one winged drybones was needed for that red coin, though. Bombs kept killing it, though. I originally wanted to keep a red coin by the powerup near the p-switches, even with the added firebars, but when I figured the drybone thing, it felt like a much better solution. And the freakout for the last coin is intentional. The checkpoint kind of ruins it a bit, but it was necessary for the stage to be somewhat forgiving.