Best/favorite eShop titles?

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Re: Best/favorite eShop titles?

Post by squishy »

I've found the Dillon's Rolling Western games to be quite fun and have enjoyed the three different Pokemon games (Battle Trozei, Shuffle and Rumble World). Crimson Shroud was quite good too as was Aeternoblade. No classics but quite a few diamonds in the rough.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

I didn't like Trozei at all. It's a dull, simplistic match 3 game. I liked Shuffle well enough, it has some variety, but I stopped playing it once I ran into the pay wall. I tried to play Rumble World but it looks like a microtransaction nightmare.

I haven't tried either of the Dillon games. They got a lot of advertising, but I can't quite figure out what kind of game they are.

I recently picked up Bloo Kid 2, which comes to the 3DS from iOS. It's a 16-bit platformer with heavy Mario inspiration (and a bit of cribbing from Kirby, Donkey Kong, and Altered Beast). Nothing much original, but it's pretty solid for what it is.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Got to play some Xeodrifter and quite enjoyed it as well. Was going to wait for a sale, but didn't want to wait that long. The game isn't selling well on the EU eShop, but I think it's just bad timing (too late for one), relative high price (at least €1 off would be better) for prospected short game. Still have to beat the game, but with 5 bosses down I must be close to finishing it. As for Mutant Muds, I've been struggling with that game. Most irritating is the jump/float control, where I often start floating unwantedly or don't start floating when needed. Otherwise it is a nice platformer ...
Grt. Merlin

pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

NInja Usagimaru is a puzzle platformer with a trite and somewhat mismatched theme -- I was expecting an action game from the ninja motif. It's much more on the puzzle side of the puzzle platformer. It reminds me of Cyraid for Game Boy (one of my favorite Game Boy games, that I raved about a while back, but I don't think many others have played) in that you're working with a static screen of puzzle elements with which you have to interact in a certain way in order to solve the stage. It's a better game in that it has a tutorial which makes the point of the game and its inputs much more obvious. There are 60 puzzles in total, and each one takes up to 3 minutes to solve (though you may need to restart several times as you work your way into an unsolvable situation in your attempt to find the solution). I'm 2/3 of the way through and I'm a little over 4 hours into the game. I'm guessing the full game will take me 7-8 hours. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and would recommend it to other fans of puzzle platformers like Adventures of Lolo, Mole Mania, Solomon's Key, or Battle Lode Runner.

Glad you like Xeodrifter, Merlin! I was glad to see it get its EU release recently.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I've played Cyraid, and probably play it again sometime this year (I'm going through my GB games at a slow pace). Never played any of the other puzzle platformers you mentioned (got hyper lode runner, but kinda dislike that one). Ninja Usagimaru has no EU date (yet), but I'll sure check out some of the reviews.
Grt. Merlin

pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

I'm not a fan of Hyper Lode Runner, either, I can't get off the first level. :oops:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

been playing a couple eShop games on the side

Stretchmo is the forth entry in the pushmo series. This time around it's a free download, with the option of buying 4 different packs for a couple dollars each. I think all together the game might be $10. If you're familiar with pushmo, The difference in this game is that you can also pull out the sides of each puzzle as well as the front and back. It makes for some great 3-dimensional puzzle solving and lends itself well to 3D pixel art. One pack also includes "enemy" obstacles that you need to manipulate to work your way up each stretchmo. The creation tool is better than ever and there are lots of levels to download off of miiverse and the Internet. Really good pick up and play game, even if you only spend a couple bucks on a pack of 50 levels.

Siesta Fiesta is another good side game. It's like those old games where you use a ball to break bricks at the top of the screen and bounce it back with a paddle on the bottom. In this game the paddle is a bed, the ball is a sleeping guy, and the environment is like a secluded Mexican island. The screen also scrolls to the right, revealing new things to break, so it has more progression to its levels than a normal brick breaker game, and it has all sorts of gizmos in each level that makes it a bit more like pinball as well. It's a lot of fun, and the soundtrack is great.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kong Wen wrote:I've played the five Picross games, and they are my top five favourite eShop games.
Picross e6 came out recently, and thus I now have a 6th most favourite eShop game!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:I've played the five Picross games, and they are my top five favourite eShop games.
Picross e6 came out recently, and thus I now have a 6th most favourite eShop game!
I might just have to check out Picross since you've done nothing but gush about it :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
I might just have to check out Picross since you've done nothing but gush about it :lol:
It's a healthy mix of Picross being good and other eShop games not being good.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming