Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by SkyPikachu »

So my nintenconsoles are collecting dust lately. Hopefully there's some decent releases Q1 2016
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:So my nintenconsoles are collecting dust lately. Hopefully there's some decent releases Q1 2016
I don't think anyone needs to worry about Q1 2016, it's the rest of the year that's vague.

We're likely getting Fire Emblem Fates, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Star Fox Zero, Metroid, Hyrule Warriors Legends all within the first quarter.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

I really want a Paper Jam release as well as some new smash characters. I would also like to see if that rumour for Twilight Princess HD is real.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Audio Ace wrote:I really want a Paper Jam release as well as some new smash characters. I would also like to see if that rumour for Twilight Princess HD is real.
I wouldn't be too surprised if they either announced new Smash characters or released them right after the show. I do want more than characters and stages for Smash though. I still play often, but I need new modes to really get me back into the game.

Europe and Japan are getting Paper Jam this year so I can't imagine the game is too far off.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

minecraft

linkle*
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Comparison of Twilight and Twilight HD (You might want to keep your volume low.)

Not a huge upgrade, but noticable. I think it looks the best during actual gameplay.

Also I guess I'll be playing my first Dragon Quest game soon.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Also I guess I'll be playing my first Dragon Quest game soon.
Oh no. No. Dragon Quest VII can't be your first. :(
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Also I guess I'll be playing my first Dragon Quest game soon.
Oh no. No. Dragon Quest VII can't be your first. :(
What about 8!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Okay lets do this.

Gonna just talk about what was announced in the Europe and Japan Directs as North America has nothing to do with me.

I'll ignore all Amiibo stuff as I couldn't care less about them.

Game I'm buying are green, games I might buy are in orange.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Yet to play this game but I own it up Gamecube. It looked pretty meh graphically to be honest wasn't to impressed. I will probably just wait and play it on Wii U considering non HD games look like crap on HD TV's.

Zelda U
2016 release sounds good. Bummed we got no new footage.

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Track
Phantom Hourglass was my first ever Zelda game and I really enjoyed it. I heard Spirit Tracks is worse plus I've played better Zelda titles so I'm going to pass on playing these.

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes new updates.
I don't really have any friends to play this with plus I kinda prefer these types of games in single player.

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros.
I thought this was a next year release. Nonetheless December 4th is an awesome release date and hopefully this game is good unlike Sticker Star. (Apparently Sticker Star is shit so I haven't touched it)

Splatoon
New Splatoon stuff. Cool. Haven't been playing it much but I'm glad more and more content is being put into it.

Super Mario Maker
I'm not going to touch this game at a $60 price mark. Plain and simple. I looks good but it's not worth $60 in my mind.

Xenoblade X
I liked the old scenery better than this new futuristic look. Maybe it's just me. I'll pick up Xenoblade on 3DS once I get a new 3ds.

Mario Tennis
Idk why but Nintendo Europe mentioned fuck all about this. I saw Japan going into more detail and heard NA went into detail as well. Online is nice but i don't know how easy you'll find people to match up with after 6 months.
Now on to some eshop games

Fast Racing
Looked like Wipeout. Seemed a bit to fast for my liking I think I'd grab a wipeout game on a sony console if I wanted something like that.

Typoman
Such a cool idea. Hopefully it's done right and cheap. November 19 is like a week away :o

SteamWorld Heist
Unsure. Idk if this is my thing. I might try find the first game cheap to try it out or maybe there's a demo.

Badge Arcade
:lol:

Pokemon Picross
Alright firstly the guy who announced this couldn't say pokemon properly and it drove my GF and I crazy and we couldn't stand it. I don't understand how Picross works but it looks kinda cool if it's a $5 game. If not then meh.

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow (Japan also get Green)
YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES! Feb 27th release will possibly be my first purchase of the year next year.

Final Fantasy Explorers
I have no friends to really play this with so i tuned off.

Megaman Legacy
Might buy it at the right price. I've only played 2 and X. Legacy has 1-6 so it might be worth it for 5 games. Feb 23rd
Pokken Tournament
I'm not into fighting games but even so something felt really stupid about this game and I can't explain why. Satoru Shibata thank you for atleast pronouncing pokemon properly. Also why were there humans inside the pokemon?

Star Fox
Graphic still seem bleh. Compare them to Zelda U and they look crap. I've never played a Star Fox game and honestly it seems like they're pretty basic and straight forward. I'll probably pass. GF liked it though.

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
This game looks so cute. I've never played a Mystery Dungeon game before. Are they any good? I think I may look into it at some point or find an older one with a good review. Feb 19th release.

Hyrule Warrior
Linkle really what a shit name. Nonetheless she looks really pretty and badass. I don't care for games like this so meh.

Bravely Second: End Layer
Was this released today? I planned on playing Bravery Default some time so I'll play that before checking this out. The statue looked awesome in the Deluxe Collectors Edition.

Dragon Quest VII (FotFP) and VIII (JotCK)
Are these remakes or extra stuff to the original games or what?

I played Dragon Quest IX when I was 15~ on DS and enjoyed it but ended up selling it for some reason. I should check out another Dragon Quest game some time. Any recommendations? Maybe I'll see if there's any still in the BGE.

Fire Emblem Fates
Seriously making 2 carts sucks. I'll probably get the Special Edition with all 3 stories in it if I enjoy Awakening. Did they announce a release date other than 2016?

Super Smash Bros.
For a second I thought Nintendo was getting the FF7 remake as well. Nonetheless another character in Smash Bros.

Now on to the stuff Japan had that Europe didn't

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
This games weird I have no interest in it.

Mother 3
JEALOUS! I still got to finish 1 and 2 though. Coming 17th December this year.

Year Walk
What the fuck...

Tiny Theif
This is a phone game already. Not interested.

Swords and Soldiers
Never played these games. Don't really have an urge to either. I probably wouldn't hate the genre though.

Monster Hunter X Star Fox
I might buy this assuming it get westernized. It looks like fun. However I hated how hard Monster hunter was on psp so depends on that a bit.

Q
Weird Physics based game. I'd buy it for around $5 (648 yenn = $7 Australian I'd buy it at that price)

Monster Strike
Idk much about this it's a phone game already too.

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final
I know nothing about the series.

Culdcept Revolt
It looked cool from the teaser trailer but I had no idea this was a card game. Might not even make it to the states.

Mario & Sonic Rio 2016
I'm shocked they put this in do people other than children play this?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurm, they showed about 30 seconds of new footage of Zelda U, technically speaking :lol:

Also, the folks who make the Mario and Luigi series don't work on Paper Mario, so that quality of the last Paper Mario game shouldn't affect this.

Pokemon Picross is free to download.

Fire Emblem Fates comes out on February 19th in NA (my birthday). Bravely Default End Layer is a 2016 game.

Also don't be scoffing at Nintendo Badge Center, it's awesome :lol:

---

TP HD doesn't look amazing, but I've been meaning to replay it so HD upgrade is enough for me (plus amiibo!). I'm more interested in Paper Jam now, it actually looks like it's going to do a lot of different things with the gameplay. I'll give Pokemon Picross a shot and hope it's as good as Kong says the regular series is.

Splatoon updates are cool, I won't have too much time for it but I really like the look of the stages. Triforce Heroes update is great, I'll have to post my opinions of the game sometime. Good to see they confirmed the pricing of Fire Emblem Fates, looks like a lot of content. I'll most likely give DQ VII and VIII a try. Final Fantasy Explorers actually looks pretty good.

Xenoblade's environments look really good. It's not graphically stunning, but I really like the art style. I love the combat in the original Xenoblade so this should be good (apparently the world is bigger than Skyrim, Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3 combined. Not that size matters, it's just cool).

Cloud in Smash is cool, looks like a fun fighter, and his stage looks nuts. Regarding the December Smash event, I have a feeling they will show more than just character reveals. Hopefully we'll see some new modes added.

Some of the eShop games looked neat, like Typoman and Steamworld Heist, among others.