Nintendo Direct Topic

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Nintendo Direct Topic

Post by SkyPikachu »

No mention of animal crossing switch?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:No mention of animal crossing switch?
Nope, this direct was specifically for the New Leaf update.

I'm sure we'll hear more about the Animal Crossing mobile game before we hear anything about AC Switch. There's a chance they'll announce it in January at the Switch event, but the fact that they put so much effort into updating a 3 year old game makes me think the next Animal Crossing is still pretty far off.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

New Nintendo Direct coming April 12th, focusing mostly on ARMS and Splatoon 2, but also general Switch/3DS news.

ARMS definitely needs a showcase, really hard to know what to expect from the game at this point.

I'm guessing this will be the last big news update before E3 as well!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:ARMS definitely needs a showcase, really hard to know what to expect from the game at this point.
Really? I think it's very easy to know what to expect from ARMS: absolute, embarrassing trash.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:ARMS definitely needs a showcase, really hard to know what to expect from the game at this point.
Really? I think it's very easy to know what to expect from ARMS: absolute, embarrassing trash.
I think that, like any game that isn't yet out, it has an outside shot to be good.

Having said that, if dumbass Nintendo tries to charge $60 for it, I don't see it selling many copies. And I think they will.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
I think that, like any game that isn't yet out, it has an outside shot to be good.

Having said that, if dumbass Nintendo tries to charge $60 for it, I don't see it selling many copies. And I think they will.
Right now it's a similar scenario as Splatoon post E3 2015 - at that point they had only shown 4 weapons, 2 stages and one mode, which is essentially what ARMS has shown so far. Splatoon ended up having a lot more than what they showed initially, so my hope is that ARMS is the same. Lots of characters, several modes, single player content, ect.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Arms a stupid gimmick game and a game I played 2 years ago that looks exactly the same. Yay... :roll:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Lots of little 3DS announcements which is nice for those that have one. Personally, I don't really want to buy new games for my 3DS now that I have a Switch. I will likely still get Fire Emblem Echoes. Monster Hunter Stories looks really cool, but it depends what's happening in the Fall if I'll have time for it.

For a direct focused on ARMS and Splatoon 2, I don't think they showed nearly enough of either game. To be fair, both games are further off than I was expecting. I figured ARMS would release in May, and Splatoon June. Looks like both games will be featured at E3 based on release dates, so I guess they'll have more to say there.

I like the look of ARMS, but I really need to play it. But more than that I need to see that it has plenty of different gameplay modes to warrant a full price tag.

I do like the new mode Splatoon 2 introduced, I wasn't expecting that type of gameplay from it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

ARMS Direct coming tomorrow, with a snippet of Splatoon 2 at the end. Unlike the last Direct I'm thinking this one will focus just on these games.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

That was definitely the ARMS blowout I was waiting for. I'm actually interested in the game now. The visuals, music and gameplay have a really nice mesh, looks like fun. Quite a few different modes to fill out the package as well, and I really like the online options they showed off. Being able to play any mode while waiting for an online match to start is a great feature - IF it lets you resume where you left off once the online match ends.

Previews have been positive as well, I'm getting a real Splatoon vibe now. The only thing I see really hindering this game is that it looks like motion controls will work better than button controls.