Game of Thrones (contains serious, massive SPOILERS)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Game of Thrones (contains serious, massive SPOILERS)

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 30 Apr 2019 17:19
The Shoemaker wrote: 30 Apr 2019 17:07 I will just say, even though they show them as zombies, they aren't actual zombies. A Walker biting you won't turn you into one, they literally have to kill you first.
I know, it's just reductive shorthand. :up:
I was just referring to Slurm saying everyone should have been dead after a single bite! White Walker bite is no different from my bite. Might hurt a bit more though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 30 Apr 2019 23:17
The Shoemaker wrote: 30 Apr 2019 17:07 I will just say, even though they show them as zombies, they aren't actual zombies. A Walker biting you won't turn you into one, they literally have to kill you first.
I was just referring to Slurm saying everyone should have been dead after a single bite! White Walker bite is no different from my bite. Might hurt a bit more though.
Might hurt a bit less, if they have way less muscle tissue around the mouth to give them a good chomp.

Just wanted to chime in that my reductive shorthand for the dragons is "hot sky-puppies"
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 30 Apr 2019 23:43
The Shoemaker wrote: 30 Apr 2019 23:17

Lizard bois

Might hurt a bit less, if they have way less muscle tissue around the mouth to give them a good chomp.

Just wanted to chime in that my reductive shorthand for the dragons is "hot sky-puppies"
How do we know the hot sky puppies are male. Danny named them all male names but surely female dragons must exist.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 01 May 2019 01:11 How do we know the hot sky puppies are male. Danny named them all male names but surely female dragons must exist.
Hot sky puppies is a gender-neutral term!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 01 May 2019 12:51
Slurmee wrote: 01 May 2019 01:11 How do we know the hot sky puppies are male. Danny named them all male names but surely female dragons must exist.
Hot sky puppies is a gender-neutral term!
All 3 are named after males and they have the term "he" used in the fandom page. I think it's pretty obvious they're male but what defines a male and female dragon. Humans have many differences that are very obvious.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 01 May 2019 14:26 All 3 are named after males and they have the term "he" used in the fandom page. I think it's pretty obvious they're male but what defines a male and female dragon. Humans have many differences that are very obvious.
I bet reptiles have many differences that are very obvious to other reptiles. :lol:
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 01 May 2019 15:01
Slurmee wrote: 01 May 2019 14:26 All 3 are named after males and they have the term "he" used in the fandom page. I think it's pretty obvious they're male but what defines a male and female dragon. Humans have many differences that are very obvious.
I bet reptiles have many differences that are very obvious to other reptiles. :lol:
I guess the show and books haven't gone into detail on if Dany knows the genders or not.

Interesting though
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Did the spinoff series get confirmed at all and if its true what do you think it will be about?

There's plenty of stuff that hasn't been explored.

Wildling lore. Turmond and Ygritte in pre Jon stuff.

Arya and the Hound as a dumb spin off has been mentioned before. Maisey is probably too old now though.

I want to know more about Lyanna Stark and the what was happening when she was alive. Probably need to recast everyone else though.

200 years later show with similar families. Obviously some families are killed off.

Even just small conflicts in the show just expanded. Say a show about a average family in Kings landing or a warrior in an army. A nobody in the show having their story told.

No matter what happens though I think it will flop. I don't think anything will live up to game of thrones so making something similar will always just be considered average.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The most official prequel at the moment is unofficially title "The Long Night" (same title as s8e3) which explores the white Walker origin.

I've heard rumblings of a prequel series following the Dunk & Egg short stories GRRM wrote, as well as prequels based on Fire & Blood, which covers the history of the Targaryens.

I think the main thing to take away is, we likely won't get anything that could have occurred during the course of Game of Thrones as far as timeline is concerned. Also, while many prequel ideas are out there, the majority of them aren't likely to make it past the writer's room. Even The Long Night, which already has actors casted for the roles, could be canceled after they make an (unaired) pilot if they don't like it.

I don't think we'll see any stories from the distant future. All of the history GRRM has developed is a much easier jumping off point.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Did people enjoy this episode I did. Reddits shitting on it again which surprised me as I thought the episode was fantastic.
Spoiler
Let's get the bad out of the way.

JON YOU'RE THE MOST HORRIBLE CHARACTER EVER CERSEI, The Mad King, Joffery, Ramsay combined couldn't have done such a terrible thing in their wildest dream then how you treated Ghost.

I saw other complaints about the feast taking too long which I can understand but I enjoyed it still.

Cutting away while Bran explained Jons deal to the Starks sucked. My sister was glad as she didn't want to hear the story again but I generally wanted to know Sansa and Arya's reaction especially Arya whom was very close to Jon.

Cersei not killing Dany at the kings landing gate I found strange but I read someone saying that it could make Cersei look even worse if she did that so maybe she has other plans.

Seeing ghosts ear half torn off was a great touch to show he's a war hero. The scene was done really well even if Jon has no soul.

Jaime x Brienne sex scene was weirdly cut away for game of thrones style otherwise everything else about their arc this episode was great especially Brienne crying at the end as Jaime left.

The talk between Varys and Tyrion was up there in one of my favorite parts of the episode. Reminded me why I love Varys so much.

The ship part was done well. Don't understand why Dany was flying towards the ship like that made no sense.

The whole ending scene was great too. Danys character has changed a lot and she's an interesting character even if I don't like her (in the same way you don't like joffery, cersei, ramsay)

A lot happened and I much prefer action styles like this over big battles.

Dany x Jon x Cersei is going to be fascinating next episode

I haven't watched the promos and never do (though last week was an exception with the ghost being alive spoiler)