Game of Thrones (contains serious, massive SPOILERS)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Game of Thrones Discussion (May contain spoilers)

Post by Kreegs »

Really curious to find out more of what comes of the Dragon situation.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Really curious to find out more of what comes of the Dragon situation.
I expect we'll see Drogon in a few different places
Spoiler
by at least one other character other than Daenerys
and we'll probably hear of her other two dragons getting more and more restless. Not book spoilers by the way, basing it off one of the trailers.

Any predictions for the next episode? I'm thinking we'll see a big focus on Arya since she was absent from the first episode. I'm also expecting to see Sansa reach
Spoiler
Winterfell
(more spoilers from the season 5 trailer).
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yes, more focus on Arya and Sansa. There were essentially non-existant in the first episode. (not counting the pathetic Robin flailing around like a ninny)
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Yes, more focus on Arya and Sansa. There were essentially non-existant in the first episode. (not counting the pathetic Robin flailing around like a ninny)
I thought that was a funny addition, nice continuation from last season when Littlefinger told Royce that they should get Robin to learn how to use a sword :) I wonder if that's it for him this season. I can't see us going back to the Vale, but then again I have no idea where Sansa's story is going.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Now that she is Darth Sansa, and there was a reveal about a very disturbing scene involving her, we can only wonder what will become of her!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Now that she is Darth Sansa, and there was a reveal about a very disturbing scene involving her, we can only wonder what will become of her!
Haha I feel like the internet really took the whole "Darth Sansa" way out of proportion. Really all Sansa did in her last episode was tell one lie and changed her clothes and all of a sudden she's "playing the game". I think the way they revealed her in her new clothes and hair symbolized where they will be taking her story, but really nothing happened last season beyond one little lie (even though she has lied before to save her own life) to provoke all this Darth Sansa stuff. But I understand the enthusiasm of Sansa fans! :P

Also 5th book spoilers and potential spoilers for the fate of Sansa this season
Spoiler
Since she's going to Winterfell, and something disturbing is going to happen, I can only assume she's taking the place of Jeyne aka fake Arya from the books. Which means Sansa will be marrying Ramsey Snow and will be getting all up in his antics. It's an exciting storyline because it's different from the books and potentially pairs up Sansa and Theon, but if they end up doing something nasty to Sansa for shock value alone, the fanbase is not going to respond well to that. Especially considering they're all riled up right now about Sansa having power and finally escaping from the horrors of King's landing. It also just wouldn't make sense with where the books are at, but I can't think of any other reason for Sansa going to Winterfell without it being pointless.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Yes, more focus on Arya and Sansa. There were essentially non-existant in the first episode. (not counting the pathetic Robin flailing around like a ninny)
They have a lot of characters and plot threads to focus on now. I imagine they'll do what they've done in past seasons and alternate between who they show from episode to episode.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:
They have a lot of characters and plot threads to focus on now. I imagine they'll do what they've done in past seasons and alternate between who they show from episode to episode.
That is exactly what Mrs. K and I were thinking would happen.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I thought the second episode was pretty decent. Some stronger moments than the first episode, with some weaker moments as well.

First up, I didn't like Jaime's reason for going to Dorne, or just anything about it. I would have rather seen Cersai forcefully send Jaime to Dorne than Jaime very quickly deciding that he was going to go get Myrcella back. I understand they're trying to show that Jaime is doing this out of his love for Cersai, but it all just seemed sloppy. Especially since it sounded like he had a plan, only to be revealed that he didn't have a plan and was just hoping Bronn might join.

I'm also not a huge fan of the show writing in Brienne meeting both the Stark girls, and having both of them refuse her protection. It kind of just makes Brienne's story seem pointless, as well as a bit too uncanny to have simply run into both of the sisters. But I do think her meeting Sansa here will play a role in the story later on this season so I suppose that's alright.

I think Doran was casted well, I miss Arianne (book character) but Ellaria works just as well, despite having different intentions. We'll see where the Dorne story goes.

Just like in the books I think Jon and Stannis are good characters to bounce off of eachother, it's a good change up to the normal Wall story we're used to as well. I found it kind of funny how he offered Jon the title of Stark and played it up to be a big moment, only to be turned down in the next scene. Mentioning it last week, or waiting to hear Jon's thoughts until next week might have been a little more effective. The trial was also very out of the blue, but that just comes down to having so many characters and only so much time for each individual story. Should be fun seeing Jon as Lord Camander now!

I like that Daenerys story isn't just about her, like last week I enjoy seeing the Unsullied/Grey Worms perspective as well as Barriston. Daenerys continues to make bad decisions (just like in the book) but she is faced with difficult circumstances. I think Daario's comments from last week (a dragon queen without dragons is no queen) as well as Daenerys look of desperation after seeing Drogo, hints that Danny will not be able to control Meeren and probably Westeros, without her Dragons.

As for Arya, I thought her beginning scenes were good, but I didn't understand why the Kindly Man decided to let her in to the House of Black and White, after intially refusing her. Maybe I just missed something there?

My favourite scene was probably the one where Kevan stormed out of the small Council meeting.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

In regard to the Mance and Sansa storyline and after watching 5.2. and involving the later books.
Spoiler
While they may skip the magic part and send some other Wildlings to Winterfell instead, Littlefinger and Sansa may be involved with the Bolton's within this season.
In the books, Sansa's childhood friend was passed as her and married to Ramsay to secure the claim and take Winterfell, since this girl was never established though they may go with the real one instead (though it doesn't quite fit with Littlefinges preferences).
This is just an assumption right now, but there isn't much of Sansa's ark in the book that is left to tell.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!