Yooka-Laylee

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Yooka-Laylee

Post by SkyPikachu »

So a bunch of guys from rareware who made Banjo-Kazooie has created a new game company and is making a spiritual successor to banjo kazooie called Yooka-Laylee.

They have a kickstarter up here if you want more details or you're looking to back it/purchase it.

It actually loos really cool and from what I've heard it's raised the most money in a single day on kickstarter ever. They quadrupled their goal which is insane.

Also here's the wiki link
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Yooka-Laylee

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I don't think I've ever played a Banjo-Kazooie game (maybe briefly on GBA?), so I'm looking forward to this game. Console release goal has already been reached, so I'll wait for the Wii U release. Looks fun indeed! :)
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'll definitely be willing to snap this up on PS4 when it does eventually come out, but I'm not going to back it in advance. I guess this will provide incentive to play through the original Banjo games sometime within the next couple years...
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:I don't think I've ever played a Banjo-Kazooie game (maybe briefly on GBA?), so I'm looking forward to this game. Console release goal has already been reached, so I'll wait for the Wii U release. Looks fun indeed! :)
I got pretty far in Kazooie then stopped. It's hard playing games on the N64 considering they're near impossible to play on HD tvs and the only old tv I have in like 11 Inch.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Slurmee wrote:I got pretty far in Kazooie then stopped. It's hard playing games on the N64 considering they're near impossible to play on HD tvs and the only old tv I have in like 11 Inch.
As I don't have an HD TV (I've got a reasonably sized, old Sony Bravia), the screen wouldn't be an issue once I hook up my N64. But last time I did, the main controller seemed a bit off. Anyway, I don't have Banjo-Kazooie and I'm not going to search for it. Yooka-Laylee should fill that gap, and maybe in a way Spyro did the same on NGC. As I recall, the GBA game I referred to had 2 games on it: Spyro and Banjo.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Loved Banjo and Kazooie growing up. Played the heck out of Kazooie, rented Tooie a couple times and beat the GBA game. Playing through DK64 for the first time right now as well. Can't wait for this. Even though it doesn't need the funds, I backed it. Might end up being cheaper than the actual game when it comes out, plus free DLC.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Yeah I'm very excited for this game. Has the potential to be great.

Like many others, I have very fond memories of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Although I didn't actually get around to playing them until my mid-teens. I quite enjoyed them nevertheless.

Here's hoping they can still find the magic!
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

There's a pretty big dev-diary style entry on the PlayStation Blog right now. Thought it might be of interest to the people who are looking forward to this game.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Yasume
Aspirant

Post by Yasume »

It's easily my most anticipated game. Even more than Phoenix Wright 6.

Will be snagging the Wii U version on day 1.

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Playtonic announced that there will be a physical retail version of the game when in launches in Q1 2017. They also said backers should be able to switch from a digital copy to a physical copy if they so choose. I'll definitely take the box! :D
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons