E3 Mega Thread 2015

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

E3 Mega Thread 2015

Post by SkyPikachu »

Nearly a month until E3 so thought I'd make a mega thread for rumors and stuff and to paste press conference times and such.

Press Conference Times
Big Three
Microsoft - June 15th 9:30am PT
Sony - June 15th 6pm PT
Nintendo - June 16th 9am PT + Treehouse stuff (They'll most likely start just after the press conference)

Others
Bethesda - June 14th 7pm PT
EA - June 15th 1pm PT
Ubisoft - June 15th 2:45pm PT
Square Enix - June 16th 10am PT
PC Gaming Show - June 16th 5pm PT
Last edited by SkyPikachu on 11 Jun 2015 12:10, edited 4 times in total.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: E3 Mega Thread

Post by SkyPikachu »

Instead of predictions cos they're always boring what would people like to see at this E3?

Me.

Microsoft - Bar selling rareware back to nintendo I couldn't give two fucks about them. I'm going to be pissed if they make a conkers game as I hate Microsoft and really don't wanna buy a xbox one.

Sony - They still need to sell me the PS4 and honestly they're doing a pretty lousy job apart from Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • I'd love to see them announce a new IP that's a platformer (Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper).
  • A price drop would be fucking fantastic too.
  • A brand new idea that no one has ever thought of ie. what Splatoon was last year for nintendo.

Nintendo - So the big one that matters to me as I own both consoles.
  • Zelda U release date and more gameplay footage and more details
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC announced and coming later thing year.
  • Mario Sunshine HD or Gamecube VC or both.
  • Be cool if they got some deal with Playtonic games (old rare people who are making YookaLaylee)
  • Announce the proper account system for 3DS/Wii U/NX
  • I hope they dont talk about NX at all
  • Brand new IP
  • Animal Crossing U
EA - Bar the sports games I don't really care hopefully they can completely fix up the fuck up that was NHL 15

Square Enix - Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii U would be fantastic as I really don't want to buy a ps4 for one game.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I'm more interested in brand new games than teases or previews of games that we've already seen something of (FFXV, Uncharted 4, etc)

I understand Ubisoft has a new AAA title that isn't one of their recurring IP's so I'm curious about that. Hopefully they talk about it. I'd love to be surprised by a serious reboot / update of an older FF game for PS4 / XBone - like FFVIII or FFV...I'd be tickled pink. Especially if it has more content.

I want a current generation ninja game.

It's not E3 worthy but I do hope PSN starts getting some Dragon Warrior / Quest love - especially DQVIII. But anyway that's just me. I also hope to see a current generation horror game that doesn't involve zombies. Nothing against zombies but...you know...

The most exciting thing to me would certainly be Dead Space 4, which probably won't happen this time and perhaps won't ever :(
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm not really interested too much in anything new Microsoft or Sony might have to offer, because both companies are in a pretty good place in terms of hardware that they don't need to do anything revolutionary. I suspect it'll mostly be a software-based E3 this year, so if Sony were to reveal some new and interesting games, that would be cool, especially for Vita.

Nintendo isn't even on my radar this year. The Wii U is already long-dead, and I've kind of lost track of all the new 3DS systems they've been releasing. Maybe they'll announce the New 3DS Slim to be available in North America or something. That would actually be semi-interesting to me because the last system's launch in North America was unsatisfying. As far as software, I'd like to see more Fire Emblem, particularly Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (whatever happened to that?), and perhaps something about a god-damned Xenoblade HD remaster on Wii U (screw this portable nonsense). I'm actually dreading that they'll try to announce another out-of-step console and pound a few more nails into their coffin. I suspect we'll see some strategic stuff from them along the lines of their theme park presence and mobile games/platforms.

I want to get excited about the future of Destiny from Activision and/or Bungie's presentation. We're supposed to be due for a major retail expansion this fall, plus a couple more regular-sized expansions through next year, so I'd like to see a roadmap of what that content is going to be.

From Square Enix, like Share, I want to see more Dragon Quest. While I'm excited for Final Fantasy XV because it actually looks kind of fresh (and I would play it even if it weren't), I'm more interested in what they can do with their other big and as-yet non-milked (at least in North America) franchise. That Dragon Quest Dynasty Warriors game looks hilarious. I want Dragon Warrior VII and Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS and PSN respectively. I want a non-MMO Dragon Quest XI.

Finally, I always hold out hope every year of seeing another Romance of the Three Kingdoms game from Koei Tecmo. I think we're on RTK 12 or 13 by now, but the last one to come to a console in North America was 11 on PS2 in early 2007. Bring me a high-performance HD grand strategy game on PS4 with optional online multiplayer and I'd be a happy man.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Project Morpheus is the only thing really on my radar in terms of something I'm dying for concrete details on (launch date, pricing, final specs). I'm also hopeful Sony will have another indie showcase because some really exciting stuff has released on PC over the last few years and I'm hopeful we'll see some of it on the PS4.

As for everyone else, I'm just curious to see what they have in the pipe to make their offerings remotely attractive.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Kong Wen wrote: As far as software, I'd like to see more Fire Emblem, particularly Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei (whatever happened to that?),
There was that bizarre trailer a month ago that kinda doesn't look much like Fire Emblem.

But then again, we are getting another actual Fire Emblem sometime soon.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

So it's going to be a Shin Megami Tensei singing & dancing boobs game with potentially one Fire Emblem character to justify the crossover name?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Kong Wen wrote:So it's going to be a Shin Megami Tensei singing & dancing boobs game with potentially one Fire Emblem character to justify the crossover name?
The trailer sure makes it look like it.
My only optimism for this originates from the simple fact that Persona Q (the Persona 3 & 4 crossover Etrian Odyssey game) was pretty darn good for what it was, aside from a mild case of "Too Many Cooks".
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Well, we know Nintendo won't show Zelda Wii U footage/demo, their Quality of Life platform, NX or any of their mobile titles at E3. So strickly Wii U and 3DS.

I hope to see Star Fox for the first time, if it really is coming out this year. We need some 3DS games for the summer and fall as we currently have zero first party ones, goes for Wii U as well. I'm sure we'll see a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mario Maker. Only other game is Yoshi's Wolly World which comes out two weeks after e3, but I'm sure we'll still see it. Couldn't care less about FE X Shin Megami after last months reveal.

I hope they seriously address the Amiibo shortages, comfirm restocking of rare ones and when to expect them. Beyond the regular Amiibos I'm sure we'll hear news about new ones.

I guess if I were to ask for one thing at this e3 it would be for Nintendo to announce a unified account system for their platforms, including the new Club Nintendo. I want to see Metriod, it's time, and I want to continue to see new IP's. My other pipe dream is to see Dragon Quest VII and VIII on 3DS localized. Never played them, but I know there's a lot of people waiting for them outside of japan and I wouldn't mind giving them a shot.

I'm not very interested in the other companies presentations. I wouldn't mind seeing a price cut on a PS4, but I'm not going to be interested until it's around $150-200 which I doubt will happen this year. Kingdom hearts III will be neat but again, won't be picking it up anytime soon. I'll be interested to see if Sony or Micro do anything really neat with their hardware, like if Microsoft ever brings back the ability to share games among friends and family.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Nintendo announced the treehouse again I barely watched any of it live but watched the YouTube videos later I'm pretty hyped about that as it was really well done last year.

I couldn't care less about the World (exclusive to America) Championship. Never been huge into e sports and the fact it's US only and they stick the word world on it is stupid. Just reinforces that America think they're the most important part of the world and the world leaders.

Nintendos conference is at 2am again for me. Why can't LA be in the east coast so it starts at 11pm.