Crypt of the Necro-Dancer

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Crypt of the Necro-Dancer

Post by Kong Wen »

Vic's beloved rhythm-roguelike Crypt of the Necro-Dancer is coming to PS4 and Vita. No release date yet, but it's been available on Steam for some time if any PC folks want to give it a try!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Crypt of the Necro-Dancer

Post by Spore »

The game is excellent. It's interesting in that design wise it's actually a super easy rogue-like. What makes it so incredibly difficult is that the player is expected to do things to the beat of a song which turns traditional move and plan and move and plan gameplay into move move move move with decisions being made in the span of a beat or two. Mistakes often happen and more often lead to a horrible chain reaction of poor judgement. It's a lot of fun. However, I fear I will never be able to get the true ending. It's just too much for me.
pdSlooper
Aspirant

Post by pdSlooper »

Great music in this game. Fangamer has a couple t-shirts for it.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

This is a BGE contender for me, and I still haven't beaten it (or even updated it to the gold version). I will buy this again on PSN and can't wait to pop my Grados into the Vita for this one. Spore nailed it on the head. As Roguelikes go, it's shallow and easy, but the inclusion of the beat makes it damn tough and the deaths come swift and comical.

Everyone should own this game.

Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.