PS Store Deals & Sales

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: PS Store Deals & Sales

Post by Sharecrow »

The Shoemaker wrote: Chariot is also $3.75. Looks like a fun multiplayer game, but I'm not sure if it can be played online. I guess through Share play?
We have that (though I don't recall buying it). I didn't think it was multiplayer at all, but I'll check at some point soon and let you know. It's fun enough and probably worth a price that low. I haven't played it much...
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Talos Principle should still be on sale for $20 (down from like $50-60) until tomorrow.

It's very good. It unfolds kind of like Portal does, with discrete puzzle rooms that must be passed to progress, and a slowly unfolding backstory that comes out of direct narrative and dissonant things you find in the backstory. I don't want to say much else about that, but even if you're just playing it to rocket through the puzzles there's a lot of meat on this. Highly recommended.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sharecrow wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote: Chariot is also $3.75. Looks like a fun multiplayer game, but I'm not sure if it can be played online. I guess through Share play?
We have that (though I don't recall buying it). I didn't think it was multiplayer at all, but I'll check at some point soon and let you know. It's fun enough and probably worth a price that low. I haven't played it much...
Yeah I remember it being one of the main features, having two people pull around the chariot. Just not sure if it's online.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Picked up LittlebigPlanet 3 for $8. Does anyone else have this one? I enjoyed the first two.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I didn't realize it was on sale. I've not played the first two, but if it's still $8, I'll grab it.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Drauks wrote:I'm not big on QTE in general. It was cute as small addition way back in arcade games, eg the Die Hard arcade game where you had to press a button or take some damage, but I dislike that so many games have incorporated it into their mechanics so heavily. I'm not a fan, especially if I'm reading a story.
I like when they have alternate scenes for you failing all of them. It's better that way because you get to see humorous crap that happens when you intentionally blow it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Drauks wrote:I didn't realize it was on sale. I've not played the first two, but if it's still $8, I'll grab it.
I played a lot of the first. Spent a lot of time in both the main story and editor mode. The second I liked as well, but didn't play as much. If this one has the same amount of content as the previous games it's definitely a steal for the price.
Jordan wrote:
Drauks wrote:I'm not big on QTE in general. It was cute as small addition way back in arcade games, eg the Die Hard arcade game where you had to press a button or take some damage, but I dislike that so many games have incorporated it into their mechanics so heavily. I'm not a fan, especially if I'm reading a story.
I like when they have alternate scenes for you failing all of them. It's better that way because you get to see humorous crap that happens when you intentionally blow it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8
Worst chase ever :lol:
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

There's a pretty boss flash sale right now. Way too much to note here but lots of good games and good deals. I would like to note, though, that each of the three PS2 Fatal Frame games are 90% off.

http://bit.ly/1RrIewU
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Mega Man Legends 2 is coming to PSN today! It's an RPG!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Kong Wen wrote:Mega Man Legends 2 is coming to PSN today! It's an RPG!
I don't know if I would call Mega Man Legends 2 an RPG. It's more like a third person shooter.

Amazing game by the way. The only thing that sucks hard about it are underwater levels, one of which is optional.