PS Store Deals & Sales

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: PS Store Deals & Sales

Post by The Shoemaker »

Drauks wrote:The first episode of Telltale's GoT has been the only one of their games I've tried out so far. The QTE style of choose your adventure pissed me off to no end. I will not be pursuing their other releases.
QTE?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Quick time event, a la God of War or any other number of games where a button press is timed in seconds.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Drauks wrote:Quick time event, a la God of War or any other number of games where a button press is timed in seconds.
So you're not a fan of QTE in general or just in Game of Thrones?

Personally I'm not a huge fan, I see it as a lazy way to get the player to do something cool, trying to make a linear game have more depth. But in cases like Game of Thrones and Heavy Rain, where I'm playing specifically for the story, I don't mind.
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

I'm not big on QTE in general. It was cute as small addition way back in arcade games, eg the Die Hard arcade game where you had to press a button or take some damage, but I dislike that so many games have incorporated it into their mechanics so heavily. I'm not a fan, especially if I'm reading a story.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Drauks wrote:I'm not big on QTE in general. It was cute as small addition way back in arcade games, eg the Die Hard arcade game where you had to press a button or take some damage, but I dislike that so many games have incorporated it into their mechanics so heavily. I'm not a fan, especially if I'm reading a story.
I don't mind quick time responses too much. They more often than not make you feel like an idiot for choosing the option you did, but they do keep the story flowing while making you feel like you have some impact on it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Well would you look at that, Game of Thrones is on for $10 ($5 PS+)!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:Well would you look at that, Game of Thrones is on for $10 ($5 PS+)!
Just episode 1?

Free online multiplayer for all PS4 players this weekend. Good time to get your character started up on Destiny before Christmas. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Well would you look at that, Game of Thrones is on for $10 ($5 PS+)!
Just episode 1?

Free online multiplayer for all PS4 players this weekend. Good time to get your character started up on Destiny before Christmas. :)
Season 1, so episodes 1-6. I signed up for the 14 PS+ trial so I'll have to get some Destiny in sometime!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Ah, they finally posted the sale Shoe was talking about. They call this "Week 1" so we can expect some more sales next week, too. Some pretty decent deals there.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Week 2 sales end on the 21st. Last of Us for $30, Elder Scrolls for $30, lots of deals like that. Personally, I think those are good deals, but I think I could find physical copies of these games for the same prices.

Xenodrifter is $2! Stellar price for a mini metroidvania game.
Chariot is also $3.75. Looks like a fun multiplayer game, but I'm not sure if it can be played online. I guess through Share play?