PS Store Deals & Sales

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: PS Store Deals & Sales

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:
Slurmee wrote: If I don't download NBA 2K16 can I download it after the sale? Also if I delete a game I got for free in PSN Plus can I reinstall it later?
You need to select to 'buy' it at least once while it is free. No need to install it, you can do that afterwards as long a you stay in PS+ (if your subscription expires, so will the free games)
What happens if it expires and I then resubscribe the next day do I get to keep the game or must my subscription be active 24/7 365 days a year?
Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

Slurmee wrote:
Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:
Slurmee wrote: If I don't download NBA 2K16 can I download it after the sale? Also if I delete a game I got for free in PSN Plus can I reinstall it later?
You need to select to 'buy' it at least once while it is free. No need to install it, you can do that afterwards as long a you stay in PS+ (if your subscription expires, so will the free games)
What happens if it expires and I then resubscribe the next day do I get to keep the game or must my subscription be active 24/7 365 days a year?
I can't confirm it myself since I had to switch to a new account after I moved, but once you re-subsrcibe they should all be back as they are tied to your account.
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:What happens if it expires and I then resubscribe the next day do I get to keep the game or must my subscription be active 24/7 365 days a year?
If it expires and then you later resubscribe, your games will be available to you again. At least that was true when it happened to me a couple years ago. I can't imagine it has changed, since it's really just a licence that requires activation.

They've made it easier to acquire licences for games you don't want to immediately download, too, at least on the PS4 store. When you go to a game you usually have an option to either download now or "add to your account".
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

There's a Big Japan sale for PS4 PS3 and PS Vita games right now.

Lots of games from genres that people like here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:There's a Big Japan sale for PS4 PS3 and PS Vita games right now.

That's Europe/Australia, right?

North America currently has Week 1 of a mid-year sale event going on right now, and it too has some pretty crazy good deals. Here's a list for the NA one.

I snagged Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Director's Cut, Trine Enchanted Edition, A Boy and His Blob, Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for like $25. Immediately regret Gat, of course, because it's going to be free in like 3 days. :x
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:
Slurmee wrote:There's a Big Japan sale for PS4 PS3 and PS Vita games right now.

That's Europe/Australia, right?

North America currently has Week 1 of a mid-year sale event going on right now, and it too has some pretty crazy good deals. Here's a list for the NA one.

I snagged Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Director's Cut, Trine Enchanted Edition, A Boy and His Blob, Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut, Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse for like $25. Immediately regret Gat, of course, because it's going to be free in like 3 days. :x
I guess it's EU/AU

Seems like the PS4 sales for NA are much better than EU but EU has far better PS3 lineup with lots of PS1 games too.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

PS4 DOOM is only $29.99 on PSN this week. Maybe more in Canada—I haven't checked.
Same price for Fallout 4.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Trine collection is on sale for $11 or so, with individual games even less. Kind of tempted for Trine 3, looks interesting with the 3d environment and all.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

The Shoemaker wrote:Trine collection is on sale for $11 or so, with individual games even less. Kind of tempted for Trine 3, looks interesting with the 3d environment and all.
Pretty much everyone agrees that Trine 3 was a huge disappointment, unpolished, unfinished, and overpriced. There are still a bunch of people who like it anyway, so there's that.

Rob
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I posted this in the chat yesterday, but it's worth putting here just in case anyone missed it, since the sale lasts for a few days.

Black Friday sale on PSN

Many cheap games, even moreso for PS+ subscribers, plus an additional 10% off coupon.

Far Cry Primal for $14.99
Mega Man Legacy Collection for something like $6
And more