Xbox Live Games with Gold and Sales

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Xbox Live Games with Gold and Sales

Post by Claytone »

Use this thread to post any good deals that come up on Xbox Live, including Games with Gold. I'll try to post every time Games with Gold is updated (1st and 16th of each month, I believe?). If you see any other sales that you think deserve to be posted, by all means, let us know here!

(Most of the above shamelessly plagiarized from KW's PS deals thread)
Last edited by Claytone on 19 Jun 2014 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Xbox Live Games with Gold and Sales

Post by Claytone »

GAMES WITH GOLD AVAILABLE UNTIL 6/30/14 (fetched from Xbox.com)

These are games that Xbox Live Gold members receive for free with their subscription. They can be downloaded at any time in the eligible period, and they will remain playable after the period closes. They are also playable FOREVER, so if you cancel your gold subscription, your licenses persist, and you can still play your claimed games.

Xbox One

Halo: Spartan Assault

Halo: Spartan Assault is a fast paced top-down shooter set during the timeline between Halo 3 and Halo 4. Progress your Spartan career as you engage in over 30 exciting Campaign missions using many of your favorite Halo weapons, vehicles and armor abilities. Team-up on Xbox Live and fight with a friend against waves of the nightmarish Flood in the all-new online co-op multiplayer mode.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a classic action-adventure. At its core it is a platformer filled with puzzles. Max must start on a quest to save his brother who is kidnapped to a hostile world. His only chance to succeed is to stay courageous and use the powers of his marker to manipulate the environment. Unleash the many powers of the Marker and beat the evil kidnapper!

Xbox 360

Charlie Murder

It’s a punk rock apocalypse! Team up with your friends to lead embattled punk rock band Charlie Murder in their epic quest to save the world from rival death metalers Gore Quaffer and their legions of evil. RPG it up as you hoard insane loot to buff your character, earn fans to unlock powerful finishers and teamup moves, and uncover mysterious relics of modern myth!

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Step into the ring with familiar characters like Ryu and Chun-Li or try your hand at new fighters. Jump straight into online matches directly from Arcade Mode with an all new online system that mimics the feel of the arcade by allowing other players to challenge you in real time. Show the world what kind of warrior you are!
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Ah, and according to Twitter, Capcom's "Strider" reboot they released earlier this year will be 50% off for Gold members this week on Xbox One. I 100%'ed the game myself, and I highly recommend it. One of the most fun games released this year, for my money.

I don't think anyone around just yet HAS an Xbone, but nevertheless, it's recommended for the platform of your choice. :D
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Free Games with Gold for July 2014

Xbox One

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is back from last month. Its description, again...

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a classic action-adventure. At its core it is a platformer filled with puzzles. Max must start on a quest to save his brother who is kidnapped to a hostile world. His only chance to succeed is to stay courageous and use the powers of his marker to manipulate the environment. Unleash the many powers of the Marker and beat the evil kidnapper!

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

Dive into the world of Guacamelee! with the Super Turbo Championship Edition (STCE)—complete with expanded abilities, additional levels, deeper story-line and enhanced graphics.

The above is a pretty sweet deal. This game is actually launching for free for Xbox Live Gold members. Not bad!

Xbox 360

As usual, two games will be available free for Xbox 360 this month, the first available, from July 1 to July 15 is...

Gotham City Impostors

A 6 vs. 6 first person shooter, Gotham City Impostors is a multiplayer game unlike any other. Players rebel against conformity as they pose as amateur vigilantes or villains, and customize their own Bats and The Jokerz characters using unprecedented customization options.

July 16-31

BattleBlock Theater

Shipwrecked. Captured. Betrayed. Forced to perform for an audience of cats? Wait, what?? You’ve just unlocked the door to BattleBlock Theater! There’s no turning back once you've started on your quest to free your imprisoned friends from evil technological cats! Immerse yourself in this mind bending tale of treachery as you battle your way through hundreds of levels in order to discover the puzzling truth behind BattleBlock Theater.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

It looks like there's an ultimate game sale happening throughout the month of July for Gold & Silver Live members. I'm not seeing much on there that's blowing me away, but that might be because I already have a lot of what I would have wanted on that list.

There are details that rotate out each week (like the ones in the big list above), and some that rotate out each day (the most recent ones posted were for yesterday so I'm not sure what today's are/were). Keep your eye on the actual XBLA shop if you're interested.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Ninja Gaiden 2 (the new series) is only $5 on XBLA today as part of the ultimate sale mentioned in the previous post.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Good eye, Jog! Didn't know about that sale, so I'd have missed it.

Also, just a reminder, the free Game with Gold for the latter half of June on 360 is Battleblock Theater. Be sure to fire up your 360 before the end of the month to claim it!

Description:

Shipwrecked. Captured. Betrayed. Forced to perform for an audience of cats? Wait, what?? You’ve just unlocked the door to BattleBlock Theater! There’s no turning back once you've started on your quest to free your imprisoned friends from evil technological cats! Immerse yourself in this mind bending tale of treachery as you battle your way through hundreds of levels in order to discover the puzzling truth behind BattleBlock Theater.
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Free Games with Gold for August 2014

As always, descriptions fetched from Xbox.com

Xbox One

Strike Suit Zero

In the year 2299, an interstellar war rages. Take control of the Strike Suit—a craft with the ability to transform into a hulking suit of space armor—in a bid to save Earth from destruction. Immerse yourself in massive fleet battles where your dogfighting skills will directly affect the fate of the cosmos.

Crimson Dragon

Humanity has been driven to the brink of extinction on a colonized planet ruled by dragons. It’s up to you to take control of a powerful dragon and battle for control of the skies in this thrilling flight-based shooter.

Xbox 360

August 1-15

Motocross Madness

Take your bike freeriding across massive environments, from the deserts of Egypt to the snows of Iceland. Drift, trick, and turbo boost your way across 9 expansive offroad tracks in single player events, ghost challenges and 8-player multiplayer races.

August 16-31

Dishonored

Dishonored is an immersive first-person action game that casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. With Dishonored’s flexible combat system, creatively eliminate your targets as you combine the supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn. The outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make.

--------------

The games available for Xbox One had rather lukewarm reception, but for free, they may be worth a look. I know I'll definitely be getting Dishonored for free while I can. It's a game I've long thought looked intriguing but that I never picked up. Never a better price than $0.00.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

There's a Capcom sale going on right now, and one of the games available for 66% off is our current community game club pick, Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (only $5.09)! The sale is effective until 11 August.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Apparently Super Time Force is one of the Games with Gold right now. If you're one of the 1-2 TONe members actively playing Xbox, you should check it out!