2016 US Presidential Election

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: 2016 US Presidential Election

Post by Spore »

I hope Sanders takes some serious time to correct some of the misinformation that keeps coming out of the Clinton campaign. It worries me when news outlets interview her supporters who commonly say they like him, but don't want him to destroy Obamacare for a chance at singlepayer. What the hell is that? Why would anybody remove our current system then try for improvements? Why would anybody believe that? It doesn't even make sense!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

He did it in the last debate.

I think he flubbed a lot of other things though, particularly his response to her after she got booed for calling his observation that she is bought and paid for by big money an "artful smear."
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeqGvsu44Ec

Boxer tries to win over booing Sanders supporters by telling them to boo themselves out of the election or, in less polite terms, essentially to fuck off.

Great way to unify the party!
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

Both parties are fucked. Time to go another direction. The 2016 Libertarian ticket, two former governors: Gary Johnson / Bill Weld 2016!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I will be voting third party. I will either vote for Libertarian or Green. I don't agree with either completely. I will probably be doing research on both over the next few weeks. Based on isidewith, I probably am actually closer to Libertarian.

There is no circumstance in which I would consider voting for Trump or Clinton.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

In Australia both the presidents would have stepped down by now considering the shit and rumours. I can't actually believe a woman hater or a alleged theft will be the next US president.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Hillary Clinton needs to leave the country. If she sticks around, I hope Trump throws her in prison.

Everybody at the DNC needs to go too.
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I keep getting chills whenever I think to myself, "President-elect Trump". I made peace with Hillary as commander-in-chief. I never really gave Trump much thought as a real possibility. And it's happening.

And before anyone ever bitches to people like me who vote third party, then my answer is this: The Democrats rigged the primary in Clinton's favour. I'm convinced Bernie would've taken the Presidency if nominated.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Sanders would have absolutely won.

It's interesting that you're from Michigan. You're proof positive of all the problems Clinton had. A lot of people in Michigan HATE Clinton. A lot of the same people voted Sanders in the primaries. It's clear that he would have had a lot more success there, as well as in Wisconsin where Clinton did not even deign to visit.

I was getting ready for a big fight whether Clinton or Trump won. I'm actually kind of glad Trump won. It makes it a lot easier to rally the left in a new and more positive direction. If Clinton had won then half or more of the Democratic party would support her even on terrible policies like trade deals, fracking, tax cuts for the wealthy, etc. Now we can purge those traitors in the Democratic party who sold this country to a clown because of their hubris and avarice. Once those incompetent buffoons are gone, we can then fight the Republicans on even terms and beat them. I'm pessimistic about the short-term but optimistic about the longterm. We'll bury neoliberalism and be stronger in the end.

By the way, I voted third party as well and don't regret it for one second. First of all, I'm from California which is a state that is completely neutered by our bonkers Electoral College. Secondly, Clinton was never the answer to Trump in the first place. She was actually the worst candidate to run against him.

We needed to send a message and we did. Trump didn't even win the popular vote. He doesn't have a popular mandate and he didn't win many more votes than Romney. The message the American people sent is that both candidates were garbage. And now that we've established that, we can hopefully get candidates in the next election that aren't complete trash.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1273065276040925/

We have our 2020 Dem. candidate already.