N64 Japanese Imports

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: N64 Japanese Imports

Post by Kreegs »

evildevil97 wrote:Maybe it's a different N64 Mario Party game I'm thinking of. Wario and Luigi say "Oh my God! I lost!" in the Japanese version when they lose. North American localization changed it.
So I recently bought this one and its true!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I got a bunch more games so I will update my list. In alphabetical order:

Animal Forest (Animal Crossing)
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64 (sealed box)
Some baseball game 2000
F Zero x
Diddy Kong Racing
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Golf 64
Mario Kart 64 (voice acting is different!)
Mario Party
Mario Party 3
Mario Tennis 64
Sin and Punishment
Star Fox 64
Snowboard Kids 2
Super Mario 64 Rumble pak edition

A lot of these games are MUCH cheaper to buy than their American counterparts. Games that would normally be out of my used price range are suddenly dirt cheap if you don't mind the Japanese.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just added Dynamic Soccer to my collection. This release came pretty early on in the 64's lifespan. It features teams only from the Japanese soccer league. If only I could score a goal!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Just added Yoshi Story and Kirby 64 to my collection. I think I will be done importing for awhile!
RamenJunkie
Initiate

Post by RamenJunkie »

I have a couple of import titles on N64. One is the Japanese version of Mischief Makers, Yuke Yuke!! Trouble Makers, I am pretty sure it's identical to the US release.

I also have a copy of Dance Dance Revolution featuring Disney Characters, which I think may be the only DDR on the N64. I wrote the only FAQ for it on GameFAQs. https://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/562992-dan ... cters/faqs It's pretty crap as far as DDR game ranking go, and I don't know if there was ever even an N64 Dance Pad available.
--
Ramen Junkie

http://www.lameazoid.com
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

RamenJunkie wrote:I have a couple of import titles on N64. One is the Japanese version of Mischief Makers, Yuke Yuke!! Trouble Makers, I am pretty sure it's identical to the US release.

I also have a copy of Dance Dance Revolution featuring Disney Characters, which I think may be the only DDR on the N64. I wrote the only FAQ for it on GameFAQs. https://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/562992-dan ... cters/faqs It's pretty crap as far as DDR game ranking go, and I don't know if there was ever even an N64 Dance Pad available.
Mischief Makers is one game I would still like to get! That is another one where the Japanese version is much cheaper than the US version.

I read about that DDR game and watched some videos. It looks hilariously strange.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Sister picked up Lylat Wars for me in Scotland. Interested to see if it will work in my North American Nintendo 64.