YouTube Subscriptions?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Humphries90

YouTube Subscriptions?

Post by Humphries90 »

So being out here in China, aside from playing video games, Youtube is really a saving grace in my entertainment life.

What are your favourite channels you are subscribed to?

My favourite Youtuber is Classic Game Room, he reviews almost anything given to him and he has such a laid back style. He's very much his own thing, not like other Youtube reviewers who are in each other's back pockets all the time, collaborating every other video. https://www.youtube.com/user/InecomCompany

I also love content from Red Letter Media, who talk about crappy B-movies, modern movies and are most famous for their hilarious review of Star Wars Phantom Menace. https://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia

I also love following GameXplain for their discussions, reviews and analysis' of upcoming Nintendo games. https://www.youtube.com/user/GameXplain

I'm subscribed to a good few dozen more channels, but these three are always my "must watch immediately".
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: YouTube Subscriptions?

Post by Kong Wen »

I don't really subscribe to any channel, but there are a few that I seek out regularly.

One of my favourites is John Oliver's Last Week Tonight channel.

Another one I watch once in a while is Screen Junkies, specifically when they add a new Honest Trailers episode.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:I don't really subscribe to any channel, but there are a few that I seek out regularly.

Another one I watch once in a while is Screen Junkies, specifically when they add a new Honest Trailers episode.
John Oliver is great. Love him in Community. I've seen a bit of his Last Week Tonight.

I follow GameXplain, but they can easily fill your feed pretty fast. They do lots of in depth videos, I prefer their Cool Bits sections though. They are the go to video to watch after a new trailer comes out though. Don't care for their "Ask us 50 questions about a game" videos as they're usually filled with very small nitpicky questions about things that we assume won't be in the game anyways.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

Far From Subtle is a group of Canadian gamers who are best known for Video Games Awesome, a livestream show where they sit on/around a couch and play (more like talk over) games. Here is an animation of what's probably one of the best known segments of one of their most beloved series of episodes. I actually became a fan due to their older Awesome Video Games, a parody of pre-disc-era video-game shows. Unfortunately, that hasn't had a new episode in years and probably never will again.

VGCW is a near-weekly livestream that started a few years ago where (mostly) video-game characters wrestle each other and participate in various dramas through the WWE 2K series of games. It's recently had a change of showrunner and the current season (10) is more lighthearted than the past few (though Break Man said some pretty vile shit to Adam Jensen a couple of nights ago).

James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd, needs no introduction. He's still going at it after all these years, and now-a-days he's branched out quite a bit (his board-game shows are arguably better than AVGN now).

JonTron is a funny reviewer too, on those rare occasions that he actually posts a video.

Retsupurae, the duo of Let's Play pioneer Slowbeef and sidekick Diabetus, started out making fun of bad Let's Plays MST3K style. For various reasons (mainly YouTube content-match bullshit), they now mostly make fun of bad games and bad Kickstarter pitches. Here is a sampling of the stuff they've done.

Rob
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

There are a few Youtube channels I'm subcribed to. Most favourit one that's game related is That One Show where a gamer is trying to reproduce glitches that other gamers posted to Youtube. Only involves Nintendo games (afaik), but was always fun to watch the known games.
Grt. Merlin

Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Pluvius wrote:
James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd, needs no introduction. He's still going at it after all these years, and now-a-days he's branched out quite a bit (his board-game shows are arguably better than AVGN now).
I should have also added Cinemassacre to my list. It's the channel that actually gave me an interest into Youtube and was the first channel I subscribed to.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:I don't really subscribe to any channel, but there are a few that I seek out regularly.

John Oliver is great. I try to watch his show on HBO when I can.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Humphries90 wrote:
Pluvius wrote:
I should have also added Cinemassacre to my list. It's the channel that actually gave me an interest into Youtube and was the first channel I subscribed to.
I agree. I have always been one that doesn't mind watching people play games. I enjoy the Monday show he does with Mike.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Yepp, I generally like all of Cinemassacre's content.
AVGN
Board James
James and Mike Monday's
His movie reviews
Monster Madness at Halloween.

Only one I'm not sure about is the recent "Talking about games" with Mike's friend.
neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

In my subscribed channels list there are some let's players, a couple of science channels, music (bands/labels and gear), some game developers and some comedy.
There's no reason to list everything, for now I feel compelled to make a shout out for the awesome Lego magic of JK Brickworks: http://www.youtube.com/user/truedimensions