Kickstarter: What are you backing?

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Kickstarter: What are you backing?

Post by Kong Wen »

Pluvius wrote:Torment: Tides of Numenera ($110... yep)
While this has been pushed back to 2017, the good news is it's apparently now going to be coming to PS4 and Xbone as well!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I totally funded Grand Old Academy and I don't care if this transforms me into a log cabin Republican. I honestly just could not stop laughing at the concept.

I don't have a single regret. It was only $10.00 anyways. :lol:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Not sure if anyone else backed Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, but I just got my Wii U code today. I think the game is available to the public at a later date though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Shoemaker wrote:Not sure if anyone else backed Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, but I just got my Wii U code today. I think the game is available to the public at a later date though.
Moi.

I haven't played too much though. Just beat mermaid queen.

Edit-Just beat ammo baron.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I finished Half Genie Hero today, which is to say that I finished the Shantae Mode. The other modes are going to come later iirc.

I thought it was ok, but not great. I personally felt that Pirate's Curse was a much better game.

However, it is possible that once the game is finished, it will improve a lot. I'm looking forward to playing the other characters.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:I finished Half Genie Hero today, which is to say that I finished the Shantae Mode. The other modes are going to come later iirc.

I thought it was ok, but not great. I personally felt that Pirate's Curse was a much better game.

However, it is possible that once the game is finished, it will improve a lot. I'm looking forward to playing the other characters.
I still haven't played the game since it launched - even then only got through the intro essentially. I was distracted by the Scuttle Town music, which I thought wasn't as good as Pirate's Curse, so I went to instead listen to the Pirate's Curse soundtrack again :lol:

I'm hoping to beat this one before the month is over, just need to get a few other games out of the way first. Still way too early to have an opinion on the game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Completed Shantae Half-Genie Hero today, all items 100%.

The transformation mechanics worked really well. Really satisfying to quickly switch forms. I was surprised that the game was a lot shorter, and easier than Pirate's Curse. Took me more than double the time to complete Pirate's Curse. Along with the short length, I felt like a lot of the transformations never really got a chance to shine. I guess we'll see what the additional content offers.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I just backed AEG's Expansion Extravaganza. They're releasing expansion packs for 4 of their existing board games, and tbh doing it through Kickstarter just seems to be a way to have a proxy storefront with some additional hype marketing. They campaign was fully funded instantly, so there was never a worry about it actually being to raise capital.

Anyway, you get a lot of flexibility with what you want to "buy" from this. You can get one or more of their four base games, any of the existing expansions, and/or any of the new expansions, in any combination, with layers of discounts depending on what you choose. So you can literally get all 4 games with every expansion, one game with all of its expansions, or literally only choose one thing...

...the latter of which is what I did. I only wanted the newest War Chest expansion, so I got to pick that for $19 plus pledge plus discounted international shipping (only $10—Analogue could learn a thing or two...). Looking forward to getting it next year :D

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... travaganza