Round 1: N is for Nobody nominating Duck Tales...

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What game should be allowed to rise above its lowly status to frolic in the next round?

Poll ended at 19 Sep 2015 20:15

1982 - Pac-Man - A2600
13%
1989 - Double Dragon II: The Revenge - NES
13%
1991 - Shatterhand - NES
3%
1999 - Chrono Cross - PS1
19%
2005 - Minerva: Metastasis - PC
3%
2010 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - PC
32%
2011 - Fight Night Champion - Multiplatform
No votes
2013 - Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Multiplatform
10%
2013 - Shelter - PC
3%
2014 - Tower of Guns - PC
3%

Total votes: 31

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Round 1: N is for Nobody nominating Duck Tales...

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:This is what metacritic gives me for chrono cross, for some reason. But I'll say among those you referenced, they are some of the worst hype-peddling offenders. From memory, it averaged 7 among the mags I read. Although it probably was the best received among the games I took from your list. Can't find a lick of evidence, unfortunately. I recall PSM being particularly harsh on Square during that era.
That's OK, this is silly anyway. Pluvius trolled us all just by mentioning that he would put it on his list. Just by mentioning it! *hugs*
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me if he did because I do realize that Chrono Cross is a polarizing game. It has a few obviously shitty things about it and it has its fanboys and detractors. I liked it but I can understand why people don't, especially if they are Trigger fans who wanted more of a direct sequel.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

Kong Wen wrote:Pluvius trolled us all just by mentioning that he would put it on his list. Just by mentioning it! *hugs*
i'm glad someone pointed out my genius so I didn't have to

Rob
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Hook, line and sinker!

Though to be fair, I never miss an opportunity to rag on S-E. Going from a premier developer/publisher I had a lot of love for, to a dreck-pooping conglomonstrosity stings.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
link64
Beginner

Post by link64 »

Jordan wrote:
TheGreatNads wrote:
Jordan wrote:How can you not like Trigger, man? That game was amazing.
I hate it. Take everything you love about the game, and just imagine the opposite of all those views. That's my view on Chrono Trigger.
Alright, start with an example or something. I'm not going to attack you, but I'm just curious what's so bad about it. One of the things I loved about Chrono Trigger was the time traveling and the way you could get alternate endings by defeating the final boss in new game+ at an earlier point, resulting in some hilarious endings. I also liked most of the characters.*

*-Robo was kind of boring and Chrono is a silent protagonist, which is whatever. The rest are great though.
I don't hate Chrono Trigger like TheGreatNads but it had it's fair share of problems.

The combat system is dumbed down compared to square's previous games, there's no equivalent to the doom, blind and petrify and each character only has 8 main techniques.

The characters are fairly bland especially Chrono.

And the game is way to easy.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Pac-Man CE DX+ moves into the next round. I forgot to vote here too, but my vote wouldn't have made a difference. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming