What's the latest thing you bought?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Re: What's the latest thing you bought?

Post by Pluvius »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:I wouldn't mind some info on that if you can spare the details. Supervision info is hard to come by. The original Chimera for C64 also had a bug involving planting the explosives. If you weren't facing a certain direction you would die every time? Is this the same bug or something else?
It wouldn't surprise me if it was replicated since on the creator's blog he claims he can't even remember making this version (he's been trying to get a remake off the ground recently and not doing very well).
There was a necessary item that was either missing or unreachable. It may have been the pyramid you get toward the end of the game.
Pluvius wrote: I'm probably one of the only people in the world that's played through most of the games on it (using an emulator on the Xbox of all things). Many of the games are literally unfinished, and there is at least one other I can think of that is unbeatable due to design errors. The Watara SuperVision is the lowest of the low in shovelware, unless you count Famiclones.

Rob
Again, I'd like to read more details if you can recall them. I have carts of Crystball (bundled game) and Alien (poor man's R-Type clone) on the way.
According to my notes, Hero Kid glitches up after beating the fifth area, Treasure Hunter has a death screen on Level 7, and Dream World also has a death screen at the end. Stage 4-4 in Scaffolder is unsolvable, and Witty Cat's last level is literally impossible to beat due to (from what I remember) enemy placement.

Rob
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Pluvius wrote:
A Beta Fu7ure wrote:I wouldn't mind some info on that if you can spare the details. Supervision info is hard to come by. The original Chimera for C64 also had a bug involving planting the explosives. If you weren't facing a certain direction you would die every time? Is this the same bug or something else?
It wouldn't surprise me if it was replicated since on the creator's blog he claims he can't even remember making this version (he's been trying to get a remake off the ground recently and not doing very well).
There was a necessary item that was either missing or unreachable. It may have been the pyramid you get toward the end of the game.
Pluvius wrote: I'm probably one of the only people in the world that's played through most of the games on it (using an emulator on the Xbox of all things). Many of the games are literally unfinished, and there is at least one other I can think of that is unbeatable due to design errors. The Watara SuperVision is the lowest of the low in shovelware, unless you count Famiclones.

Rob

Again, I'd like to read more details if you can recall them. I have carts of Crystball (bundled game) and Alien (poor man's R-Type clone) on the way.
According to my notes, Hero Kid glitches up after beating the fifth area, Treasure Hunter has a death screen on Level 7, and Dream World also has a death screen at the end. Stage 4-4 in Scaffolder is unsolvable, and Witty Cat's last level is literally impossible to beat due to (from what I remember) enemy placement.

Rob
Thanks for the info.

There is precious little info online about this console and its games. I just spent a frustrating hour trying to get past level 20 of Crystball and thanks to your info can convince myself that it's impossible rather than blaming my own lack of skill.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Expanded my Megaduck library with this bundle pickup and gained a few useless dutch manuals in return:

Still mildly annoyed that Backloggery doesn't have a MegaDuck option so I have to log these under the Brazilian CougarBoy alternate name.

Surprised to find that the middle game (Captain Knick Knack) is a surprisingly competent Twinbee-esque top-down shooter from Sachen of all people who aren't exactly big on quality ordinarily.
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

A couple of weird Gameboy knockoffs (The TV Boy and the Game Child) and a bunch of those horribly-sealed-into-plastic-so-that-you-have-to-cut-them-open Supervision games.

The TV Boy is a weird bunch of LCD brick based games on its actual screen but it also plugs into the TV to become a Famicom. It comes with a cartridge adapter and an odd GB style cart with the same 4 Famicom games looping over 10000000 times. It also has an outlet for a second FC controller!

The Game Child is infamous...well, they made a youtube movie about it.

neuzd
Ω

Post by neuzd »

Ermahgerd! I finally got one of these bad boys:

It's a sequencer for GBA, they make one for the original GB as well.
http://nanoloop.com/two/index.html
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Got myself a Chromecast 2.
Having fun streaming videos from Youtube & crunchyroll, especially as PS3 & Wii U version of the Crunchyroll apps doesn't seem to work too well for me.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

kawaiipikachu wrote:Got myself a Chromecast 2.
Having fun streaming videos from Youtube & crunchyroll, especially as PS3 & Wii U version of the Crunchyroll apps doesn't seem to work too well for me.
Check out animelab they seem to have far content than crunchyroll unless you're using a vpn.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Slurmee wrote:
kawaiipikachu wrote:Got myself a Chromecast 2.
Check out animelab they seem to have far content than crunchyroll unless you're using a vpn.
I also got that app on my phone as well, so as for anime & well set.
"
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Just got these. I didn't even know this device existed a month ago.

Snug fit!

kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Just got these. I didn't even know this device existed a month ago.

Snug fit!

Neat find.
Any idea what these Gundam games do when you comcbine them?

Anyway I poped a preorder for the Yuri Kuma Arashi Blu-ray anime set.
"