Round 5: Dunder's Bracket

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What 4 games should advance to Round 6?

Poll ended at 20 Oct 2015 17:58

1983 - M.U.L.E. - A8B/C64/NES
4%
1983 - Juno First - Arcade
4%
1991 - Mega Man 4 - NES
6%
1994 - Pulseman - Genesis/MD
No votes
1994 - Doom II: Hell on Earth - PC
19%
2001 - Luigi's Mansion - GCN
19%
2003 - F-Zero GX - GCN
19%
2004 - Cave Story [+] - PC
19%
2008 - LocoRoco 2 - PSP
2%
2008 - Mount & Blade - PC
8%

Total votes: 48

This Old Neon
Administrator

Post by This Old Neon »

You can vote for 1-4 games in this poll. Vote carefully—you can't change your votes after submitting them. The top 4 games at the end of the week will move on to Round 6.

1983 - M.U.L.E. - A8B/C64/NES
1983 - Juno First - Arcade
1991 - Mega Man 4 - NES
1994 - Pulseman - Genesis/MD
1994 - Doom II: Hell on Earth - PC
2001 - Luigi's Mansion - GCN
2003 - F-Zero GX - GCN
2004 - Cave Story [+] - PC
2008 - LocoRoco 2 - PSP
2008 - Mount & Blade - PC

You are encouraged to discuss your choices and your reasons for selecting the games you did.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Round 5: Dunder's Bracket

Post by Kong Wen »

Hmm, I haven't played Juno First, and I haven't spent a lot of time with Pulseman or LocoRoco 2. Doom II gets an obvious first vote from me in this bracket, for basically embodying what was to become a huge staple genre. I like Cave Story well enough, but I don't know if I'd put it on Doom II's level. I may yet. I wish I had had more time to spend with Mount & Blade, because it seems like a game I could get sucked into for years.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Mount & Blade has been over the last decade one of the go to games for me. It has been consistently entertaining, and being there with a thriving community before the game ever released in full was simply inspiring. As it is, M&B remains one of those games that I always install on every computer I can, especially if it's not mine. I can tear myself away, but once I start hitting the mods for this game, I usually get lost in it. I game/system hop quite a bit, and to be completely frank, this game has single-handedly been the cause of friends actually deleting me from their contacts list, from Xbox to Playstation to even Steam.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Doom II and F-Zero are returning votes for me, but I'm thrilled to see that Juno First got some love in this contest. For whatever reason, this one seems to have faded into obscurity over the years, but for me, it ranks among Galaga and Robotron in terms of shooting excellence. A very easy choice for my third vote.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

F-Zero GX will get my lone vote in this bracket. I thought about casting a vote for MM4 or Pulseman as well, but I think they're actually right about where they should be in the overall standings if they don't advance.

GX, meanwhile, is a Top 10 game in my book.

You got BOOST power!
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

Only one I've played is F-Zero GX, luckily it's also one of the best games ever so I don't feel guilty about voting for it.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Seriously guys, look at that freaking GIF. F-Zero GX is goo-goo-bananas.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Cave Story was my only vote. I adored this game. Everything felt right about it right from the start.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Niahak

Post by Niahak »

Drauks wrote:Mount & Blade has been over the last decade one of the go to games for me. It has been consistently entertaining, and being there with a thriving community before the game ever released in full was simply inspiring. As it is, M&B remains one of those games that I always install on every computer I can, especially if it's not mine. I can tear myself away, but once I start hitting the mods for this game, I usually get lost in it. I game/system hop quite a bit, and to be completely frank, this game has single-handedly been the cause of friends actually deleting me from their contacts list, from Xbox to Playstation to even Steam.
Agreed. Lost many hundreds of hours to M&B, especially The Last Days and, in Warband, The Eagle & The Radiant Cross. It's as varied and open as Pirates!, but much more fun and strategic. I'm really happy I got in on it early and got to see so many of the changes as the wider community made suggestions.

Kong, is M&B: Warband in separately? I might feel bad voting for M&B if the vastly improved version is also in the bracket.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Niahak wrote:Kong, is M&B: Warband in separately? I might feel bad voting for M&B if the vastly improved version is also in the bracket.
It is indeed going to be making an appearance in a later round.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming