OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Nominate and vote for your favourite games in a tournament-style competition. Join the debate, discuss what games mean to you, and discover hidden gems to broaden your horizons.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Post by Kong Wen »

ATTN: Spore, Pluvius

Here is a thread to complain about the injustices that have been suffered in the BGE so far. A favourite game got no votes? Raise an objection! Let's commiserate on what could have been and what's not to be.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Jordan

Re: OBJECTION! - BGE Grievances

Post by Jordan »

FE9 losing as quickly as it did is a great injustice.
Pluvius
Owner of Steam
Owner of Steam

Post by Pluvius »

In addition to that HL2 betrayal, FF8 got taken out of the competition by a friggin' Mario Kart game.

Rob
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

My grievance is that back in the good ole days, the Good Jogurt would let us CHANGE OUR VOTES.

RIP VC-F, a beautiful place where intent was valued over sticklership. :evil:
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Jordan wrote:FE9 losing as quickly as it did is a great injustice.
I'm semi-surprised to see that each Fire Emblem game dropped out in the poll it was introduced in (unless I'm mistaken). We still have Awakening left, and I would think Sacred Stones.

I'm happy Okami made it past one round, but it's a real shame how few people have played it and were able to vote for it.

All my games keep losing to Papers, Please! which I swear has been in since the first round.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:My grievance is that back in the good ole days, the Good Jogurt would let us CHANGE OUR VOTES.

I just don't have a good way of facilitating it right now. I don't have the same poll editing capabilities that I did. I could take note of changes and implement them myself in the spreadsheet, but that would open me up to accusations of tampering, which I don't want to deal with again.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:
Claytone wrote:My grievance is that back in the good ole days, the Good Jogurt would let us CHANGE OUR VOTES.

I just don't have a good way of facilitating it right now. I don't have the same poll editing capabilities that I did. I could take note of changes and implement them myself in the spreadsheet, but that would open me up to accusations of tampering, which I don't want to deal with again.
Yes, of course, of course. I was being facetious. I assumed the reason was something along those lines. I hold only myself accountable for my quick trigger finger and am not so quick to bite the hand that feeds the BGE machine. :)
You got BOOST power!
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

My constant insistence that Helldivers is a god damned riot continues to fall on deaf ears. This isn't a BGE gripe, just voicing my disdain for all you PSN folks missing out. You bastards.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Jordan wrote:FE9 losing as quickly as it did is a great injustice.
I'm semi-surprised to see that each Fire Emblem game dropped out in the poll it was introduced in (unless I'm mistaken). We still have Awakening left, and I would think Sacred Stones.

I'm happy Okami made it past one round, but it's a real shame how few people have played it and were able to vote for it.

All my games keep losing to Papers, Please! which I swear has been in since the first round.
Awakening and Sacred Stones are among my least liked FE games, which makes me all the more butthurt. :(
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

VictorViper wrote:My constant insistence that Helldivers is a god damned riot continues to fall on deaf ears. This isn't a BGE gripe, just voicing my disdain for all you PSN folks missing out. You bastards.
I have had the game since release, but after playing it without anyone else it became boring. I don't mind the game one bit, actually. It became a casualty when I needed space for larger games that people did play.