Watching any good TV?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Jordan

Re: Watching any good TV?

Post by Jordan »

Wubba lubba dub dub!!
I laughed pretty hard at when the Bird dude tried to make this cheesy catchphrase into something deep and sophisticated.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I watched an episode of Rick and Morty last night, it was prety good! It was the one where a massive floating head comes to earth saying "SHOW ME WHAT YOU"VE GOT". I like the humour.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

The Shoemaker wrote:I watched an episode of Rick and Morty last night, it was prety good! It was the one where a massive floating head comes to earth saying "SHOW ME WHAT YOU"VE GOT". I like the humour.
*snap* Yes!

You're starting down a good path. Find the episodes of the first season and just start from 1 and get to the end. There is very light continuity that is fun to pick up on as you watch the show.
Audio Ace
Initiate

Post by Audio Ace »

The Shoemaker wrote:I watched an episode of Rick and Morty last night, it was prety good! It was the one where a massive floating head comes to earth saying "SHOW ME WHAT YOU"VE GOT". I like the humour.
I laughed so hard at the fact they made a religion from the flying heads and that ice-t monologue near the end.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

My friend didn't like that episode, but I personally lol'd hard at "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!" and everything that had to do with Ice T.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Audio Ace wrote: I laughed so hard at the fact they made a religion from the flying heads and that ice-t monologue near the end.
Hahaha yes I loved that they were sacrificing people to be flown up into the sky :p It was all very good, and of course Ice T saves the day.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Hey Vic, have you started watching The Knick again now that season two has started airing?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Not yet, we have it all recorded but it premiered just before we went on vacation, so we have a nice little backlog to clear already. Can't wait to get to it!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Been watching Orange is the New Black lately. I know it has been popular for a few years now but I never bothered looking into it. The first episode ended up being promising so I continued to watch a bit more with my girlfriend. It strikes me a bit like LOST; main protagonist thrown into a new environment and forced to adapt, each episode focuses on one character`s backstory.

The show balances serious concequences and lighthearted tones quite well, and does an excellent job with characterization. It really likes to play into the romance angle, but it does it well. What I like most is finding out more about characters who I thought were bound to be one-dimensional or get very little screen time. I think it benefits from being on Netflix in this regard because it's not afraid to move away from the main character and devote short scenes to minor characters.

I'm about half way through season 2 now, which is so far even more interesting than season 1.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote:Been watching Orange is the New Black lately. I know it has been popular for a few years now but I never bothered looking into it. The first episode ended up being promising so I continued to watch a bit more with my girlfriend. It strikes me a bit like LOST; main protagonist thrown into a new environment and forced to adapt, each episode focuses on one character`s backstory.

The show balances serious concequences and lighthearted tones quite well, and does an excellent job with characterization. It really likes to play into the romance angle, but it does it well. What I like most is finding out more about characters who I thought were bound to be one-dimensional or get very little screen time. I think it benefits from being on Netflix in this regard because it's not afraid to move away from the main character and devote short scenes to minor characters.

I'm about half way through season 2 now, which is so far even more interesting than season 1.
I am watching that right now with my wife! We started last weekend. I agree with your comments and I am liking at lot!
I intend to live forever, or die trying